lots of questions

Help Support CattleToday:

foot

Reaction score
:help: We have a mini herd of mini cattle. 1 bull (2 years old) 2 heifers (2years old) 2 heifers (15 months) all grazing together. about 9 months ago bull showed interest in the 2 older heifers for a few days and then nothing. I thought maybe he had bred them on the night shift. I see no change in either of them. The past three days the bull has taken and avid interest in on of them. Keeping her to himself and attempting at mounting her any way he can. :oops: She simply continues to graze and moves away from his attempts. We spend alot of time observing the herd and did see a little slime come from the heifer two days ago. The other heifers show no interest and the bull is only interested in shushing them away. The heifer he is attending is not mounting or being mounted by the other heifers and is not off feed or bawling or anything out of the ordinary. Is this normal? What could be the problem here?? :???:

foot it's not real common but I've seen cattle a few weeks from calving actually stand and accept the bull.

thank you for your response we need all the help we can get here. I wouldn;t say she is standing. She seems to be quite aloof about it all and mostly just walks away from his advances. Unless of course he is threatening a choice blade of grass and then she'll butt him off. I know goats give off a scent prior to birthing and we always had to remove the buck during the last month of the does pregnancy. If she is pregnant will the bull hurt the calf or interfer in birthing. He is mostly laid back in personality. We can even walk into the field and pet either of them during this time.

Latest posts