Lots of Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Missy

Reaction score
Hi all,
Yesterday morning was a beautiful Sunny Autumn Morning at my place so i decided to snap a couple of pictures of my critters...
This is "Lilly". Jersey x Hereford heifer
holidays082.jpg

holidays122.jpg

holidays117.jpg

"Vince" my Brangus Bull calf
holidays163.jpg

"Bella" born Last Week.
holidays174.jpg

Murray Grey x Jersey Heifer
holidays111.jpg

holidays136.jpg

2 Friesian x Jersey Steers
holidays091.jpg

holidays099.jpg

Brown Swiss Steer
holidays126.jpg

Jersey Steer
holidays064.jpg

Hereford x Friesian steer
holidays130.jpg

"Ebony" Friesian cow with Friesian Calf and Hereford x Calf
holidays071.jpg

Friesian Cow
holidays068.jpg

"Snip" Holstein Heifer with calf
holidays125.jpg

holidays160.jpg

Brangus x Jersey brown swiss steer
holidays165.jpg

holidays148.jpg

Kisses :)
holidays168.jpg

holidays184.jpg

Jersey x Hereford x Angus Steer ready for freezer
holidays155.jpg

Angus Bull
holidays153.jpg

My 6 month old Stumpy Tail pup
holidays241.jpg

Thanks Hillsdown and Denoginnizer.

Pups name is "Dollar" he is from our last litter,very happy with him :)
It is a beautiful country, so very lucky :D

Yes the wire goes through the posts,whys that? :cboy:

Thanks Aussie_Cowgirl,
Vince is my "baby" has to have his scratches everyday without fail.Loves to give me a kiss back but that darn tounge is too damn rough :eek:
He will be a steer shortly but im at a loss as to what to do with him.
Bought him at a couple of weeks old.Paid a whole $15 for him.He needed a good feed and some TLC though. He was so wild when we got him. My OH and inlaws were not too happy when i told them i would like to go the route of Brahman x cattle(they run Angus) as they think they are too wild and tempremental ( angus are worse IMO , darn things kick like he!!) so as Mother in law and OH were there the day we went and got him,i had a point to prove ;-)

I have grown rather attached to him so he might just be a lucky one and get to live out his days as a pretty paddock ornament :lol2: Need to convince OH first :nod:

Missy":7zl5bo89 said:
Thanks Hillsdown and Denoginnizer.

Pups name is "Dollar" he is from our last litter,very happy with him :)
It is a beautiful country, so very lucky :D

Yes the wire goes through the posts,whys that? :cboy:
I like the way it looks . Seems like it would take forever to drill all the holes

Missy":2xzlfzed said:
Thanks Aussie_Cowgirl,
Vince is my "baby" has to have his scratches everyday without fail.Loves to give me a kiss back but that darn tounge is too be nice rough :eek:
He will be a steer shortly but im at a loss as to what to do with him.
Bought him at a couple of weeks old.Paid a whole $15 for him.He needed a good feed and some TLC though. He was so wild when we got him. My OH and inlaws were not too happy when i told them i would like to go the route of Brahman x cattle(they run Angus) as they think they are too wild and tempremental ( angus are worse IMO , darn things kick like he!!) so as Mother in law and OH were there the day we went and got him,i had a point to prove ;-)

I have grown rather attached to him so he might just be a lucky one and get to live out his days as a pretty paddock ornament :lol2: Need to convince OH first :nod:

Nah, there is so much misconception around Brahmans I think. My Dad always told me a story of when he worked on a feedlot and their resident Brangus bull and how whenever he fed them hay the bull would come over for a scratch. I myself had a MG x Brahman and whilst he could be flighty and handy with his legs he was the most affectionate creature. If you talk to the breeders most of them will say they are the most intelligent cattle you will find. Nothing wrong with a paddock ornament either. On another farm the guy had 5000+ hectares and he had 2 5 year old angus steers they bottle raised that he didnt have the heart to sell.

Keren, she will be for sale once weaned :D :nod:

Denoginnizer, yes it is very tidy , i like it!!

Jeanne, Im in NSW Australia. Not too far from the coast but we have great land out here,just far enough away from the sea that it isn't sandy!
He looks much like his dad that little guy,but has his mum's beautiful nature :)

Thanks Bigbull,i try LOL... Slowly working out which cows are better than others,selling off the not so good ones...
I wrote in an earlier post a while back that the majority of calves i get are the sickly or skinny ones.Generally pay $5-$25 for them. Jersey bulls are free as they should be,and i only end up with a couple of them everynow and then if i'm desperate for a calf.

Lilly looks horrible......very sad.....like she wants to live in Wyoming. Maybe you should ship her to me for her own good.

Latest posts