Lots of Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

K2011

Reaction score
Took some pics over the weekend...
This bull calf was 4 days old when he was attacted (we suppose) and killed by coyotes (we suppose) I am surprised though that the cow didn't and or couldn't "save" him b/c she wass VERY protective of this calf...but I guess that's life and money that we just lost...
adfb61fe.jpg

Trying to get the little one back on the correct side of the fence with mom.
24aab967.jpg

The cow was calling but to no answer. UPDATE: I just learned that the cow along with 2 others were taken to auction today...the main reason for taking this cow to auction was her bag and that she lost the 2 calves before this one.
ccb2af02.jpg

091c2376.jpg

The soild red calf has now lost 2 "buddies" this season and still doesn't have anyone to play with...
e40c4642.jpg

Our other place now has 8 calves...
0ccf982a.jpg

49e4375a.jpg

This pair is easily the most "loving" pair we have (if anyone remembers the "Mom & Me" pic I took and posted this is the same pair)
79501766.jpg

e206b468.jpg

Just on our way home we passed a heifer who JUST gave birth...she had just eatten the afterbirth and prolly still had it in her mouth when I snapped the pic
a9a874fd.jpg

NOW THAT"S A FENCE POST!!!! lol :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
99407f6f.jpg

Nice animals! Sorry to hear about your calf losses. We lost a calf that was a few months old once, to coyotes. He went under the fence and they got him, momma was stuck on the other side.

LoveMoo11":6fwsw3dv said:
Nice animals! Sorry to hear about your calf losses. We lost a calf that was a few months old once, to coyotes. He went under the fence and they got him, momma was stuck on the other side.

You know, now that you say that I bet that's how he got attacted...as you can see in the pics he was on the wrong side of the fence and even though there is an gap it is about 75-100 yrds down from where the calf was last lying, but there is really no way to tell...exept he was pulled apart very fast, over night and there was nothing left in the morning and I don't think the 5 buzzards that where there would have picked him that quickly

those are some fine looking calves.sorry that your having a rough year with losses.

This sort of situation makes one wonder how many calves one has to loose before it would pay to put up a fence that prevents calves from 'crawling through', such as a two tape "hot" wire. Keeps calves (and cows) in and coyotes out!

For years and years!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":37x243tc said:
This sort of situation makes one wonder how many calves one has to loose before it would pay to put up a fence that prevents calves from 'crawling through', such as a two tape "hot" wire. Keeps calves (and cows) in and coyotes out!

For years and years!

DOC HARRIS

The calf didn't crawl through the fence there was a gap about 50yrds down from where he was put buy mama and I guess she went off to eatting on the other side and was to stupid or just wasn't thinking and did think that there was a gap down there...but who's to say exactgly what happend we will never know but I think we have a pretty good guess

Latest posts