lost tractor key

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well my brother went an lost the key to the kub MX 5100.took him 2 months todo it.an he aint none to happy about it.an it was the spare key on top of that.he usually gets the key from me.so now i have to call the dealer an get another key.how meny have lost their tractor keys.

bigbull338":21fj1rhi said:
well my brother went an lost the key to the kub MX 5100.took him 2 months todo it.an he aint none to happy about it.an it was the spare key on top of that.he usually gets the key from me.so now i have to call the dealer an get another key.how meny have lost their tractor keys.
never lost one they stay in the tractors

seen an ad on craigslist the other day a guy wanting to sell Cat keys for $25
idiot must not know you can buy them from Cat for $5 all day long

heck I could probably give ya 10 or 20 and still have a few left if the wife hasn't throwed a bunch of them away

this being a new tractor i wont leave the key in it.as it might crank up an drive off an i never see it again.

bigbull338":735ru8g7 said:
this being a new tractor i wont leave the key in it.as it might crank up an drive off an i never see it again.
most people who steal tractors have keys of their own so it doesn't matter if your key is in it or not as they are all the same key unlike on a car

KT and me must of posted at the same time

also BB that is what insurance is for let em take it

Wife says someboby is gonna steal mine with the key left in it. Not a chance! By the time they get from the barn to the gate, they'll have figured out that wasn't such a good idea after all.

Best place for a key is in the ingnitation, if you want leave a switch on so it won't start or wire in a hiddin switch that can't be found easy. Like they said if it's pros they have a key an if it's kids they won't figure out the switches.

i know they get it if they want it bad enough.but im not gonna make it easy for them.

I wanted to take a key out several years ago, rusted tight, still rusted. I don't have key for my house, If someone ever locked it, I can't get in. My Wife wants to lock it when we go away for several days, but no keys. Course, most of what we have I would help a thief carry it out, if I knew when he was coming.

I leave the keys in mine all the time but still carry a spare in my pocket and in the truck. Nothing will make you madder than to drive 15 miles and find somebody has took the key. I did have to start taking the key out of the one that stays at the house. I got to riding the grandkids on it and they figured out real quick how to start it. I still hide it on the tractor though.

I leave the key in the tractor unless we are leaving for a trip. When we traveled over Thanksgiving I brought the keys into the house. Needless to say there lost.

oh family is no prob using it.the only reason brother is haying with it is because the big tractor needs a new hub an bearing wich we havent done yet.an we are so wet need to hay with it since its 4wd drive.

bigbull338":24cf3kwy said:
oh family is no prob using it.the only reason brother is haying with it is because the big tractor needs a new hub an bearing wich we havent done yet.an we are so wet need to hay with it since its 4wd drive.
You can buy a new set of keys from Kubota, $6.95

Latest posts