Lost our donkey

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
My darling donkey passed away today :cry2: Not sure exactly what happened but he had laid down and didn't get up so my grandfather went to check on him and he had died. I am hoping that it was just his age and nothing that he suffered for or anything that might affect the cattle (he shared as pasture with them). We've had him for about 12 years and he wasn't a baby when we got him so we weren't exactly sure how old he was....I'm just bummed, he was a pet more than anything, would tag along when I was working out in the pasture and stuff. I'm away at school but the last time I saw him he was happy. Sorry to grumble but it feels better to talk about it.

I'm sorry to hear that, but it probably was just age. If no one noticed him acting funny and he just laid down, that would probaby be the most likely cause.

I'm sorry about your donk. I know that mine are good pets and companions and I miss them when I sell one. They can live to be around forty if cared for properly, so your's was probably just an older animal. I have one that a I don't know the age of, although she still foals every year.

I'll send you a jack the next time we make one! :D

dun":znazcnsm said:
I've lost my donkey a few times from bad investments.

It doesn't appear you haven't got any recognition for your comment yet...so I figured I'd be the first. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts