Lost one

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
Lost one of my early aug calves , no signs so far of it . It's on my lease pasture , the owners which have taken in a stray shepherd , which has been witnessed by other neighbors chasing , and they have been warned . We now have confirmed kills of 6 goats, 2 calves , and a cat in the neighboring area ,in the last week , no witnesses . Game cameras have been put up, the leaseholders are laying the blame on another neighbor with pitbulldogs, and no sign of my calf as yet . I am going over tomorrow and looking for more signs , but not really much I can do.

Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Hopefully the cameras will help figure out what's taking them before another one is lost.

snoopdog":2idnf80k said:
Lost one of my early aug calves , no signs so far of it . It's on my lease pasture , the owners which have taken in a stray shepherd , which has been witnessed by other neighbors chasing , and they have been warned . We now have confirmed kills of 6 goats, 2 calves , and a cat in the neighboring area ,in the last week , no witnesses . Game cameras have been put up, the leaseholders are laying the blame on another neighbor with pitbulldogs, and no sign of my calf as yet . I am going over tomorrow and looking for more signs , but not really much I can do.

I'm guessing you're a couple days on the other side of this front. Perfect conditions for summer pneumonia.
Can kill one of make it like up in the brush.

callmefence":bavef5vh said:
snoopdog":bavef5vh said:

I'm guessing you're a couple days on the other side of this front. Perfect conditions for summer pneumonia.
I found it this morning , good and healthy :banana:

snoopdog":wzb4wl2k said:
callmefence":wzb4wl2k said:
snoopdog":wzb4wl2k said:

Those little buggers can hide!

TCRanch":23r3424y said:
snoopdog":23r3424y said:
callmefence":23r3424y said:
Yes , they can ! I fertilized heavy before a substantial rain a few weeks ago, and the grass has gone crazy . On a side note , his mama kept him hid very well the first few days , I guess he learned something ! I just feared the worst after getting the other news . 11 down , 4 more to go.

snoopdog":1n405io9 said:
TCRanch":1n405io9 said:
snoopdog":1n405io9 said:
Yes , they can ! I fertilized heavy before a substantial rain a few weeks ago, and the grass has gone crazy . On a side note , his mama kept him hid very well the first few days , I guess he learned something ! I just feared the worst after getting the other news . 11 down , 4 more to go.
I sorta like when we start feeding hay and have the cows in a pasture where you can sorta keep track of what's going on. But not having to check cows or hay for a week at a time is alright by me. Out of site out of mind is easy. A few threads on here have me a little worried about pneumonia running rampant through the herd. Usually if there's a problem with something a cow or two won't shut up and we'll hunt them up in the woods to find out what's going on.

Latest posts