Lost one

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
Lost one of my early aug calves , no signs so far of it . It's on my lease pasture , the owners which have taken in a stray shepherd , which has been witnessed by other neighbors chasing , and they have been warned . We now have confirmed kills of 6 goats, 2 calves , and a cat in the neighboring area ,in the last week , no witnesses . Game cameras have been put up, the leaseholders are laying the blame on another neighbor with pitbulldogs, and no sign of my calf as yet . I am going over tomorrow and looking for more signs , but not really much I can do.

A.J.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Hopefully the cameras will help figure out what's taking them before another one is lost.

TCRanch

Reaction score
A.J.":2brrlb6w said:
Sorry to hear that. That sucks. Hopefully the cameras will help figure out what's taking them before another one is lost.
X2! Sorry for your loss.

callmefence

Hobby rancher
Reaction score
snoopdog":2idnf80k said:
Lost one of my early aug calves , no signs so far of it . It's on my lease pasture , the owners which have taken in a stray shepherd , which has been witnessed by other neighbors chasing , and they have been warned . We now have confirmed kills of 6 goats, 2 calves , and a cat in the neighboring area ,in the last week , no witnesses . Game cameras have been put up, the leaseholders are laying the blame on another neighbor with pitbulldogs, and no sign of my calf as yet . I am going over tomorrow and looking for more signs , but not really much I can do.

I'm guessing you're a couple days on the other side of this front. Perfect conditions for summer pneumonia.
Can kill one of make it like up in the brush.

OP
snoopdog

snoopdog

Reaction score
callmefence":bavef5vh said:
snoopdog":bavef5vh said:

I'm guessing you're a couple days on the other side of this front. Perfect conditions for summer pneumonia.
I found it this morning , good and healthy :banana:

TCRanch

Reaction score
snoopdog":wzb4wl2k said:
callmefence":wzb4wl2k said:
snoopdog":wzb4wl2k said:

Those little buggers can hide!

OP
snoopdog

snoopdog

Reaction score
TCRanch":23r3424y said:
snoopdog":23r3424y said:
callmefence":23r3424y said:
Yes , they can ! I fertilized heavy before a substantial rain a few weeks ago, and the grass has gone crazy . On a side note , his mama kept him hid very well the first few days , I guess he learned something ! I just feared the worst after getting the other news . 11 down , 4 more to go.

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
snoopdog":1n405io9 said:
TCRanch":1n405io9 said:
snoopdog":1n405io9 said:
Yes , they can ! I fertilized heavy before a substantial rain a few weeks ago, and the grass has gone crazy . On a side note , his mama kept him hid very well the first few days , I guess he learned something ! I just feared the worst after getting the other news . 11 down , 4 more to go.
I sorta like when we start feeding hay and have the cows in a pasture where you can sorta keep track of what's going on. But not having to check cows or hay for a week at a time is alright by me. Out of site out of mind is easy. A few threads on here have me a little worried about pneumonia running rampant through the herd. Usually if there's a problem with something a cow or two won't shut up and we'll hunt them up in the woods to find out what's going on.