Lost one of my favorite's

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Found WhiteStar my 10 year old Register Dream On daughter dying in the field this evening with the buzzards trying to get her. She's the one in my avatar pic, purchased out of the Tennessee Agribition. Don't know what happened to her last I saw her she seemed fine. Uncle told me this evening he saw her yesterday laying by herself but head up so he thought she was ok. Was raising a nice little over 2 month old bull. Haven't been able to keep an eye on them like I usually do with all the trips I've been having to make. One of her last sons had sold to Bramlet Simmentals. Gonna really miss her!

Hate to hear that. Seems like when something like that happens its to one we are partial to a lot of the time.

FlyingLSimmentals":2jrbv2xg said:
Found WhiteStar my 10 year old Register Dream On daughter dying in the field this evening with the buzzards trying to get her. She's the one in my avatar pic, purchased out of the Tennessee Agribition. Don't know what happened to her last I saw her she seemed fine. Uncle told me this evening he saw her yesterday laying by herself but head up so he thought she was ok. Was raising a nice little over 2 month old bull. Haven't been able to keep an eye on them like I usually do with all the trips I've been having to make. One of her last sons had sold to Bramlet Simmentals. Gonna really miss her!

Had almost the exact same thing happen a couple of years ago. Cow could have literally been on a magazine cover. I have no idea why she died. Finally diagnosed it as water bloat. But I honestly was just reaching. I guess cows can have heart attacks and strokes and whatever. Bad enough losing one (always a good one too) but worse not knowing why.

I'm sorry, it always seems to be the good ones that have the weird sudden deaths.

Yeah Ron, every time I think we got the corner turned for the better then another negative pops up. Been lots of pain heartache and headaches for awhile. But there has been several answered prayers, some successes and reached goals, and some more momma cows performing really well. Got a small group of bulls I've weaned I'm extremely pleased with and just maybe the best heifer I've raised here weaned and in a heifer paddock. I just got to focus on the good news and move forward praying and working for more successes and joyful times.

that sucks, I've lost my share of good ones the last while.. strangely enough I save the ones I can't wait to put on a trailer and sell!

I once bought a top cow from a top stud and six months later she looked off and despite a lot of effort and money she died. It was hard to take for a while especially not knowing why. The vets guess was an abcess near the heart. I was offered a replacement by the stud which i thought was nice as i didn't feel they needed to.

Hate to hear that. Seems like it is always the good ones.

Latest posts