Lost my son

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't have any words i think that could help with such a loss. But i often think about you and your story and really hope and pray you find some happiness in his memory and some way to take that forward with you. And as said, he would want you to be happy and make the most of your time until it is time to meet up again and share all your stories once more.

Thank you all. I hope you are all well. We are continuing with our cows for the moment, although our hearts aren't in it. It is also snowing here today (Spring in upstate NY), and we have a calf that was due Monday and isn't here yet. (Our mamas always go a 5-12 days early). Hoping she hasn't slipped it.

boondocks, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I lost my father unexpectedly to a heart attack this past September and have been dealing with family issues on both my wife and I's sides since, it seems.

Sitting here in the hospital with my wife's grandmother right now. She had a third hip surgery a couple weeks ago and suffered a stroke. She's recovering physically, but is still struggling with her speech. We're hoping for the best, but still far too early to make a prediction on a full recovery.

I can't imagine what you're going through. We make our best efforts to prepare to lose those that we love later on in life, but I couldn't fathom losing my little girl.

My best friend throughout elementary school died in a car accident when he was 18. His family moved around quite a bit (father in the military). I hadn't seen him in five years or so, but we kept in touch. His mom couldn't bring herself to tell me when it happened and had a friend of hers call to give me the news. My family and I loosely kept in touch with them over the years. He's been gone for 15 years or so now. His parents came to my dads funeral and it's the first time I had seen his parents since their sons funeral. I saw her and hugged her for what felt like five minutes. It sounds weird, but I could have gone without seeing anyone else that day. They're in a good place now, emotionally, but I know she especially still struggles with his loss from time to time.

Stay strong. Keep busy. We all handle loss in different ways. Find a system that works for you and practice it. I apologize for rambling, I don't know you at all, but for some reason felt the urge to say something. I guess I'm in a weird place emotionally, but wanted to take the opportunity as many others have in this thread to say that you're not alone. You have others that love and care about you.

Take care.

Think of you often and when I look at my son, I can only imagine how I would not be able to go on if he were gone. We lost some friends in an explosion at the little "country store" they owned. Three generations, owner, son and his daughter all gone in an instant. The grief is so very difficult to deal with and it again made me wonder how you were managing. I made a trip to see my mom a month ago and tried to tell her how much I loved her but don't know how much she really knew with the dementia. Still, I am glad I went. I make it a point to try to tell my son most every time we talk that I love him. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Boondocks, I have thought about and prayed for you and your husband often. A few days short of a month ago I lost my mother. It was a situation where we were extremely close, I have always lived here on the farm either in the house with her or in a house just across the driveway. I just wanted to share with y'all that even though we have not met, I feel a connection in a sense I have often thought as sad and heartbroken as I am to loose my 89 year old mother, I am so heartbroken for y'all as well as I know your sadness is bound to be more. I have often heard people say that loosing a child is the hardest thing there is to go through. One of the moments that I think will always stay with meis when my wife's step father put his arm around me and said I'm sorry you have to go through this, this is the hardest thing you will ever do. I think that I can speak for a lot if not all of us here on the forum and say that we know you are hurting and we care about you and your husband.

Thank you for the continued thoughts. I go through the motions each day. Sometimes I feel it hasn't really hit me yet, then other times I am bowled over in an instant. My mom is in the hospital tonight and my FIL was diagnosed with aggressive cancer a month after our son died. It seems to me that when you lose your only child out of nowhere, you should get a pass on life's other, more typical sorrows for a half a minute, but apparently it doesn't work that way...
Just can't believe I could sit by the door and wait for him til the sun goes out, but still I won't ever see him or talk to him again. Feel like I want to pull a Forrest Gump and just wander the world looking for him.
Everybody take care of yourselves and hug your loved ones, be kind to strangers, everybody is dealing with something....

That's a different kind of something. Wish I had a pass to give you.

I wish you the most comfort possible.

Latest posts