Lost My Mother-in-Law

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
I'm a little late in posting this, but we lost her Sunday night. One of those blessing kinda of things (if there is such a thing) as she has been battling dementia for several years. Thursday she must have decided enough was enough and stopped drinking, eating and meds. She would clinch her lips or swat hands whenever anyone tried to get her to do any of those. The wife and her brother visited her Sunday night and told her if she was tired and ready to go to her Heavenly Home that it was fine with them. They told her to be sure and save a place for them and they would see her later there. They both left the facility and she passed a couple hours later.

The family has been pretty good with the loss as it's been long and drawn out, but if you got a prayer for my wife I'd appreciate one or two. She is left dealing with the many loose ends and having a hard time coping with all the hoops she's having to jump thru with insurance companies, funeral home, investment and her own health problems. Good thoughts also accepted if you don't pray. Thanks a million!

Slick, I'll keep your wife (and you) in my prayers. We've been through a few of those "blessings", and it's always amazed me that once someone knows that it's alright with the ones that love them, it over just that quick. It really is a blessing sometimes, and should be a celebration of a wonderful life.

Sending prayers out, Slick. Went through something very similar with my Mom, a couple of months ago. Its a tough row to hoe, even its time.

Already done. I hope your family finds peace in this time of loss. Will also be praying for your wife's health needs as well, and you as you go through it with her.

Thought to you and your family. Have some recent family issues that are bringing to the forefront what is ahead. Hope that you can get through and your wife's health concerns can be addressed.

slick4591":2vxijsyq said:
I'm a little late in posting this, but we lost her Sunday night. One of those blessing kinda of things (if there is such a thing) as she has been battling dementia for several years. Thursday she must have decided enough was enough and stopped drinking, eating and meds. She would clinch her lips or swat hands whenever anyone tried to get her to do any of those. The wife and her brother visited her Sunday night and told her if she was tired and ready to go to her Heavenly Home that it was fine with them. They told her to be sure and save a place for them and they would see her later there. They both left the facility and she passed a couple hours later.

The family has been pretty good with the loss as it's been long and drawn out, but if you got a prayer for my wife I'd appreciate one or two. She is left dealing with the many loose ends and having a hard time coping with all the hoops she's having to jump thru with insurance companies, funeral home, investment and her own health problems. Good thoughts also accepted if you don't pray. Thanks a million!

Sorry for your loss

It will be an emotional struggle for many. Pay close attention to the younger ones. They have the hardest of times trying to deal with things. Prayers.

Slick, may your wife, and you as well, find comfort and peace in these difficult times. You guys are in my thoughts.

Thank you all!

Thankfully, none of the little ones were very close to her as they didn't get to visit her often. Looks like they will be fine as long as the adults hold up around them. The wife should finish her last round of chemo first week in September and until that's behind her there's the weekly blood tests she has to mess with.

Seems this calling and spending time on hold for long periods, dealing with people that don't know and don't know where to send her is taking the largest toll. She was going thru papers last night and ran across another policy the funeral home didn't tell her about and a few more that she has to make calls on. Never a good time for this.

Slick,
Hope all is well and settling down some. It is a shame all the work that is involved in final arrangements. Prayers that your wife can get through things smoothly and then relax knowing her Mother is at peace now.

Thoughts, prayers and best wishes coming from my house to yours.

L

Latest posts