Lost my buddy

Help Support CattleToday:

shorty

Reaction score
Tuesday evening we had to put our 14 year old golden retriever to sleep , he was here the longest of any dog we ever had , he was one of the best we ever had. We're really going to miss him , his name was Hunter but I always called him shorty.

depressed.gif
I am so sorry. It is never easy to lose a friend.

So sad to see them go, sorry for you loss. I will have to face the same thing in the near future, have a 13yr old that is going blind and deaf.

Sorry for your loss Shorty. Was there a year ago. It sucks but you move on. I just spread my old girls ashes on the prairie in South Dakota. Feels a lot better now!

shorty":2ziegpxl said:
Tuesday evening we had to put our 14 year old golden retriever to sleep , he was here the longest of any dog we ever had , he was one of the best we ever had. We're really going to miss him , his name was Hunter but I always called him shorty.

Sorry to hear that, wife had her English Mastiff go out into the back yard and laid down and never woke up again. Like he knew it was time, she had that dog for 16 yrs.. I was like I didnt even know dogs could live that long. I thought like 10 yrs was old :(

shorty ... sorry for your loss ...

Not trying to hijack your thread, but this caught my eye ...

Arkansas":107tz5nq said:
<snip> wife had her English Mastiff go out into the back yard and laid down and never woke up again. Like he knew it was time, she had that dog for 16 yrs. <snip>

I breed Mastiffs (dog shows, DNA tests, xrays, health tests, researching old pedigrees, imported semen, the whole deal...).

16yrs is quite impressive ... I'd love to see the pedigree. Feel free to PM me.

Oh I hate to hear that, my old Texas Heeler is showing his age more every day. He's 12 and has been the best at everything we needed in a dog. I feel for you, I'd feel lost