lost it, officially.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy, did you take them home in the backseat of your car? I think that William may show a goat next year. He'll have to live at the ag barn though, the goat, not the boy, because my fences just won't hold them, I'm afraid.

I've had a few over the years, but never here in Texas. Too many 'yotes I"m afraid, unless you put them in a barn at night. I remember one I had up north used to eat all the tails off the horses and the cows. She was a sweetie.. she'd come in the house if she could get to the screen door before it swung shut.

They usually do bring more at the auction barn than cattle do.. especially anywhere there is a heavy influence of hispanics.

Lammie":289fyjnl said:
Beefy, did you take them home in the backseat of your car? I think that William may show a goat next year. He'll have to live at the ag barn though, the goat, not the boy, because my fences just won't hold them, I'm afraid.

yes. why, is that weird?

I had one..once. We bought it off the previous owners of the property when they moved. But it was raised in the house, so it always wanted to be up front in the house, and we wanted it out back. So one day I got fed up, tied it up to a stall, and went to work. My MIL was in town, and she called me to tell me the dang thing had jumped the divider wall, and hung itself. I got home, it was too warm to hope to save the meat, and buried the dang thing. Never again.
Now we have 2 bred barbados blackebelly sheep out of Texas, and they are due to drop any day now. Ill take sheep over goats ANYDAY!

Beefy":283i5qfr said:
Lammie":283i5qfr said:

yes. why, is that weird?

You and angrie are kindred spirits. She hauls cattle in the cab of her truck. :nod:

I hate goats almost as much as I hate horses, almost.

Get dun to come out and ai them, he likes goat ass.

So are you on a backyard goat forum yet? :D If you are, send me a link. It's it half as funny as the backyard chicken forum, it's worth a look.

Beefy":3lxnw399 said:
well they are two young boer or boer cross does, past weaning age but too young to breed yet. so i just plan for them to eat some weeds for a while.

do they have gnats up nort? minnesooootan accents drive me wild.

I've always had an interest in goats. Just trying to figure out how to justify the fencing around the whole place to keep them in!! :help:

I hear tell that those MN women just droool over those Southern accents :nod: :cowboy: Now, if you could just get used to eating Lutefisk you just might have something.

Very pretty--I had a goat for a while,tied him out to eat grass/weeds,2 swivels on the rope,nothing to tangle in. He managed to find a shortish piece of wire, ran it thro both swivels and turned round and round until the rope wound up and the coller choked him to death.I don't know how he did it. :???: No more goats unless I had a fence to hold them..

BeefmasterB":2uh39rfl said:
Beefy":2uh39rfl said:
do they have gnats up nort? minnesooootan accents drive me wild.
I've always had an interest in goats. Just trying to figure out how to justify the fencing around the whole place to keep them in!! :help:

I hear tell that those MN women just droool over those Southern accents :nod: :cowboy: Now, if you could just get used to eating Lutefisk you just might have something.

Well, since Beefy has already hi-jacked his own thread.....
Beefy ~ you are from Snake, Spider and Gross Bug Central and you are discouraged by tiny gnats? :shock:

BmB ~ hear you on the justification thing! I am trying to justify getting a Texas Riding Longhorn (apparently they do come in purple), but I think I just may hit a snag ( :cowboy: ---> :mad: , :pretty: ---> :cry2: ) :lol2: .

Beefy, notice BmB refers to a "southern accent"? He is right ~ "ya'll" have an accent, charming none the less. :nod: Minnesotans do not have an accent. We speak with the standard patterns and intonation ~ anything that deviates from our speech is an accent. Its true ~ I read it online. :compute: (And just for the record ~ we don't drool either).

Finally ~ I am not angrie, AC and MM are dorks. :roll:
And no, its not weird to haul animals in your vehicle.....well, kinda it is.... :help:

yes beefy youve lost it getting into the goat biz.but your does are to cute.just dont get a billy till you have to.they are big pains.

bigbull338":10zma51g said:
yes beefy youve lost it getting into the goat biz.but your does are to cute.just dont get a billy till you have to.they are big pains.

The big PAIN being mostly in your nose.

If I end up in he[[ it will be populated with stinkin billy goats. It's a nightmare that keeps me on the straight and narrow.

3waycross":36y0kmar said:
bigbull338":36y0kmar said:

If I end up in he[[ it will be populated with stinkin billy goats. It's a nightmare that keeps me on the straight and narrow.
my billy didnt stink.but he was meaner than snott.put up with him till he got sick an died.

3waycross":2sa4rokg said:
bigbull338":2sa4rokg said:

The devil is usually pictured looking a lot like a billy goat. Nuff said.

these goats follow me around like dogs. and i find that i talk to them in a minnesoootan accent. they are pretty good gooooats.

picture4421.jpg

picture4418.jpg

Yah, dis here is me, oof-duh. Agin I yam comingk to das defence ov my goot friend, da sveet gal MM :pretty: . She is saying ta me, "oof - duh, they are a'makin fun ov us folks up in da nort. Go tell dem ve don't half an accent." I half not had an accent since I drank too much ov da vodka und drofe my tractor onto Svens ice fishing house, but dat vas an accent for shure, normally I vould not do such a ting as dat on the purpose. :drink: :drink: Da Sven is still some sore over dat derr accent. :mad: Und Lena did not talk to me for da longkest time. (She gits like her motter back in da Old Country. :roll: , den me, Oof-duh, finds hisself a sleeping in hiss own ice house if'n ya know vat I mean. :? ) :help:

O, und oof-duh Jr. ~ he vas an accent too :oops: , but den me und Lena vent to da alter so all is vell dat ends vell I say. ;-)

But yah, bakk to da makin ov fun. Shure ve half an accent now und agin ~ you betcha. But most da time ve are a careful people. :nod: I still got 4 ov my 5 fingers on da von hand. Dat is a plenty goot ting up here ~ yes? ;-)

Frau. Mornin' ~ she has now und agin had an accent herself. :lol2:
Ahhh, she vill half ta tell dat story hersself I yam tinkin'...... :secret:

oof-duh":3dt0hxj3 said:
Frau. Mornin' ~ she has now und agin had an accent herself. :lol2:
Ahhh, she vill half ta tell dat story hersself I yam tinkin'...... :secret:

Oh fer duh! It's accident, not accent ya boob!

P.S. There is a thingy available on puters called "spell check" you may want to use it sometime.

Latest posts