lost a tail

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
one of my cows has lost her tail. and i'm not like talking about her switch or the tip of her tail im talking about her whole tail up to her tailhead. it looks like she was run thru a dairy and docked. i cant imagine what could be out in the pasture that could chop off a cows tail way up high like that. its not a particularly clean cut, so i suppose it could have been ripped off but ive never had one rip way up high like that and ive lost a lot of switches and tailtips to wire and treelimbs over the years. i thought maybe some dogs had gotten after her but when i took my dogs for a run she couldnt care less about them so i dont know. i dont really think a dog pulling on her tail would rip it off way up high like that though. i dont see how she could have gotten stepped on way up high like that either and broken it off..

although tonite i noticed another cow missing her switch too. i did find where something had killed and eaten a buzzard near the back pond though. wth eats a buzzard?

Your in georgia but what part you know there are cougars in florida they could me moving up...No joke and i know what i saw...We saw a cougar in our pastur behind our house stalking a deer,,,Yhen about a year later my grandmaw was deer hunting over what we call the boon docks but still our land she herd somethin thought it was a deer and she was ready when it stepped out it was a cougar i know she had to have peed in her pants well she said it screamed and then went off then she high tailed it to the truck she said she didnt shoot it because she only had a buck shot and a slug she was afraid if she just wounded it it would attack her...We have had many more cougar sightings here in north mississippi

we have panthers here, ive seen them on the farm before. and the dnr releases them from time to time around. but i would think it would go for something smaller than a full grown healthy cow. but i cant imagine her having ripped it off up that high either. an alligator could have done it, but still unlikely.

CKC1586":20uq4q1c said:
what the heck you got prowling around down there!!!!! :shock:

Chupacabra.

What eats a buzzard? Perhaps another buzzard if the first buzzard is dead.

I suppose it's possible that a big cat could have done it but I would think that had a big cat attacked you would see claw marks on the rear-end of the cow. Could have been a pack of dogs, and your cows didn't react to your dogs because they know the difference. My cows don't bat an eye at our Pyrenese and other dog or our neighbor's Pyrenese and Beagles, any other dogs will get their attention.

Too bad the cow won't tell you.

Katherine

chased a coyote out of the field yesterday but i dont really think he was the culprit.

talldog":2zv8es3p said:
I cooked a turkey one time that tasted like a Buzzard ~~~~ :banana:
How many buzzards have you eaten that you would know how it tastes?

dun":19jygkv2 said:
talldog":19jygkv2 said:

Only two. But I dont want to talk about it... :cowboy:

dun":37hp9rzt said:
talldog":37hp9rzt said:

This is where I'd normally drop some wisecrack about my wife's cooking, but I'm going to let it slide for now...

no boulders here. not sure if the cows carry pocket knives or not.

Beefy":2qv3y3zv said:
no boulders here. not sure if the cows carry pocket knives or not.

Tail could have been tangled up on the barbed wire and the cow figured out a way to get free.

cfpinz":3nuoiyiu said:
dun":3nuoiyiu said:
talldog":3nuoiyiu said:

This is where I'd normally drop some wisecrack about my wife's cooking, but I'm going to let it slide for now...
Sure a lot of excitement over a piece of tail.....................

dun":20grla78 said:
Sure a lot of excitement over a piece of tail.....................

Having grown up with 4 brothers....and working on a farm with many, many guys, this comes as no surprise to me ;-) :lol: .

Katherine

cfpinz":wt8m0i14 said:
dun":wt8m0i14 said:
talldog":wt8m0i14 said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Katherine