LOST A GOOD ONE

Help Support CattleToday:

holly heifer

Reaction score
:cry2: Had to put down the ole man, he was 29 and the best horse i have ever had. He had spent
his whole life with me ( I bought him as a 2 year old) We had won many a pleasure class, he had taught all the kids how to ride. We finally retired him from the show pen at age 25. A year ago he was diagnoised with sinus cancer at Purdue vet clinic. He was doing fine until saturday. That am he
would not eat and seemed depressed. Later that day he had a seizure. The vet was summoned and
he was euthanized. ( the hardest thing I have ever done) Buried him in his pasture. :cry2:

Condolences on your loss. You were fortunate to have him a part of your life for so long. Not many people are that fortunate.

know how you feel had to put down a mare this yr she was 28 had her since she was two had several reining and cutting championships on her she was shown all over the southwest My youngest daughter took her over when she was 5 and they were inseperable we retired her 2 yrs ago and one of the girls would ride her bareback around the pasture,
when she was 25 still could turn faster than you could on a cow she was great I have always been told that you are truly lucky to have 1 great horse in your lifetime I guess she was mine
Just remember that you gave them your best that is all you can do
condolences

Im so sorry for your loss Holly. I dread this happening to my Copernicus. I have bought and sold horses my whole life and this is the one who is with me to the end.......

I found this somewhere and I don't know who wrote it but I look at it often:

"A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves – strong, powerful, beautiful – and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence."

Holly, I'm very sorry. I've had to put 2 down in the last few years. It's hard saying goodbye, but time will slowly heal you and you'll be left with those years of wonderful memories.

Latest posts