Lost a good one today

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Tomorrow is going to be a tough day. I lost my Eye Brand sod buster knife. It was only a little over 5 years old. It had a nice black patina that contrasted the bone handle so well. I had gotten the edge just right where a couple licks would have it shaving hair again. We cut many of twine off bales, cleaned many of deer and hogs, and cut up plenty of sausage together. It was even with me thru the rough years of net wrap. I couldnt have made it with out it.

To add to it... I cant find them any more. Some people say they are on back order and some say they are discontinued.

Tomorrow I need to make the rounds and put out hay and I dont know how I'm going to get by. :(

Went to catch a calf that was out late at night last year and when I got back my Case knife wasn't in my pocket. After some time of looking around the house I found it under the driver seat in the pick up. I hate loosing a good knife, maybe it'll come back around.

Brute 23 said:
Tomorrow is going to be a tough day. I lost my Eye Brand sod buster knife. It was only a little over 5 years old. It had a nice black patina that contrasted the bone handle so well. I had gotten the edge just right where a couple licks would have it shaving hair again. We cut many of twine off bales, cleaned many of deer and hogs, and cut up plenty of sausage together. It was even with me thru the rough years of net wrap. I couldnt have made it with out it.

To add to it... I cant find them any more. Some people say they are on back order and some say they are discontinued.

Tomorrow I need to make the rounds and put out hay and I dont know how I'm going to get by. :(
Clod buster eye brand. May not be the same as the sod buster. You may have to settle for a case sod buster
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-EYE-BRAND-CUTLERY-KNIFE-GE99JRW-CLODBUSTER-WHITE-HANDLE-GERMAN-MADE/293354776255?hash=item444d4ea6bf:g:FIAAAOSw96ld4iK4:sc:USPSFirstClass!75497!US!-1

hurleyjd said:
Brute 23 said:

Clod buster eye brand. May not be the same as the sod buster. You may have to settle for a case sod buster
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-EYE-BRAND-CUTLERY-KNIFE-GE99JRW-CLODBUSTER-WHITE-HANDLE-GERMAN-MADE/293354776255?hash=item444d4ea6bf:g:FIAAAOSw96ld4iK4:sc:USPSFirstClass!75497!US!-1

Thanks. Your right. It is the clodbuster. It's the full size though, not the jr. The same seller had one. I messaged him to see if he has it in lockblade also.

If he does, I'm going to buy several.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-EYE-BRAND-CUTLERY-KNIFE-GE99Y-CLODBUSTER-YELLOW-HANDLE-MADE-IN-GERMANY/303384495974?pageci=56484d88-ed09-49ec-bf29-1e5dbd56d12c

The serendepity here is to to much. I lost the exact same knife two weeks ago. Im willing to settle for something else, but I haven't found a replacement yet. I have been walking around for two weeks carrying my daughters barlow. I'm a minimalist, and refuse to own two of anything I need just one of. Hope I find something soon.

I found a case knife next to the base of gas pump while filling the truck. Of course I picked it up and pocketed it. I did not know it was a sod buster until I searched the web for your eye brand knife. I thought I had lost it and was without it for two weeks then my brain worked again for me. I remembered the last time I used it was to strip the insulation from some wires. I looked in the soft case where all of the terminals, screw drivers, and crimping tool and there it was. Brain usually does not work that well.

Ya, I know exactly where I had it last. I was working in the pasture cutting some twine for a make shift fence repair. I had it on the side of the truck bed (I know) to cut the twine out the back. I cut a piece and walked back, cut another, etc. From there I drove across a hay field cut very short to my protein feeder. I was on back filling the feeder so I feel like I would have seen it on the bed rail of it was still there. I walked my exact tire tracks yesterday twice with no luck.

I'm going back today, with my mule, to run it again and expand the search.

I have a box of knives from when I was working o&g... Kershaw, Moore Maker, Case, and more but it's just not the same.

Part of me doesnt want to admit I lost it and part of me doesnt want to have to break in another one. I'm kind of sentimental and superstitious... with a tad bit of OCD... about things like that. :)

I broke out on old Winchester knife that is surprisingly good and I carried for a few years. It's been in my hunting bag as a back up.

Brute 23 said:
I walked my exact tire tracks yesterday twice with no luck.

I'm going back today, with my mule, to run it again and expand the search.

If you get your hands on a metal detector you might have some luck finding it. I lost my wedding ring one day putting hay out ( I think I lost it when taking my gloves off). The wife and I looked and looked to no avail. She borrowed a metal detector and after much searching and a very faint signal we found it.

hurleyjd said:
Did you find your favorite knife and where.

No I did not find it. I knew what I thought was the exact tracks and I have driven and walked them and out to the sides for 4 or 5 days now. Still no luck.

The feed store had another one like it but not lock blade so it got me out of a bind. I thought maybe if I bought another it would help the old one reappear. :)

I have gotten away from pocket knives, i find I lose them too often
I've gotten to really like these knives.. they can clip to the belt or your pocket.. which means I don't have to go digging under the layers of clothing to get to it, and I don't need to take my gloves off to open the blade.. I've had mine for 3 years which is a total record for me keeping track of a knife! Good quality steel too.
https://morakniv.se/en/product/companion/

Why is it case knives always get lost but the el cheapos will be around forever. I mean throw it in the creek and the thing finds it's way home

Latest posts