Lost A Good Friend Today

Help Support CattleToday:

skyline

Reaction score
I had to put down our 24 year old QH mare today. She was a good un. She was bred, raised, and riden by a very active horsewoman here in East Texas. Playdays, trail rides, sortings, pennings, you name it. She was then sold to a young lady down the road who learned to barrell race on her. And then when she graduated to a faster horse, they sold her to us. My three girls and my wife have been riding on her for the last 3 years. She was the ultimate babysitter. Dead broke and easy going. Would tolerate just about anything and had no spook in her. You could park her in the pasture for 3 months and she would be the same as the last time you rode.

Goodbye to a very good friend. Our family and her gelding pasture buddy miss her greatly. I hope there are horses in heaven and that I get to take care of her up there.

Thanks. My daughters are amazing. We've had some really good discussions in the last few days. After the initial shock, they are handling it well.

If there arn't horses and dogs in Heaven,I'll go where they are.

I know how that goes, it sucks. I hate to hear of any horse loss. Especially horses like that. I'm very very sorry. It's good that everyone is dealing with it okay.

I am sorry for your loss . I have one just like you described, when we loose her It is going to hurt. I thank God for allowing me to own and enjoy my horse for over twenty years. There has to be horses in heaven.