Lost a friend today

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Today one of my best friends died. Known him for almost 30 years and he never did me wrong. Can't count how many times he helped me to relax, unwind and feel better when I was stressed out by life in general. And didn't ask for much in return.

The friend I am referring to is my horse. Born March 14, 1979 and died today. He'll be buried in his home pasture tomorrow. Goodbye, old friend. You will be missed.

I am sorry to hear that. I had a horse for almost 20 years, I grew up on his back and my oldest 2 rode him before they could walk. I was terribly sad when he died, and had him buried in the horse pasture. Anyhow, I know kinda how you feel and it is a tough thing for sure.

So sorry for your loss, most of my very best friends have been of the four legged variety. Hurts to have them leave you but treasure your memories.

MO_cows":7e6wna7i said:
Today one of my best friends died. Known him for almost 30 years and he never did me wrong. Can't count how many times he helped me to relax, unwind and feel better when I was stressed out by life in general. And didn't ask for much in return.

The friend I am referring to is my horse. Born March 14, 1979 and died today. He'll be buried in his home pasture tomorrow. Goodbye, old friend. You will be missed.
my ol rope horse was born in april 83 still in good flesh, but is arthritic and gimpy.. be a sad day for me too, sorry to hear it

My best friends have all had 4 legs. You can always trust an animal to be true. Sorry for your loss..

sorry to hear that you lost your horse.im thhat way about some of the cows ive had over the years.

My neighbor and friend took over her uncle's old horse. Uncle is 80 something and senile. The horse is old enough to have voted for Bush 1. She already put 150 lb on the old gelding. She'll bury him one of these days.

I have two little dogs now. They are only 2-3 years old, but I can already think about the years down the road. It can be very sad.

Broke my first horse when I was 16. He went on to be a pretty good racehorse, sired a few foals and after he was gelded became a heckofa heeling horse, ranch horse, calf horse, and later in life ran barrels til he was in his 20's. I was 42 when he died. I cried like a baby.

Anybody thinks that ain't manly can kiss my ass. He was a better man as a horse than most people are as men.

I'm really sorry to hear that, I know how rough that is.

3waycross - I know what you mean by that. It's quite strange how horses have such impacts on our lives. I still my miss my horse, it's an amazing bond that is hard to break. Although you don't speak the same language, each knows what the other is going to do before anything happens. Plus, the trust that is there is impossible to replicate in a human-human relationship.

3waycross":27bcs5qb said:
Broke my first horse when I was 16. He went on to be a pretty good racehorse, sired a few foals and after he was gelded became a heckofa heeling horse, ranch horse, calf horse, and later in life ran barrels til he was in his 20's. I was 42 when he died. I cried like a baby.

Anybody thinks that ain't manly can kiss my ass. He was a better man as a horse than most people are as men.

:clap: :clap: :tiphat: :nod:

Latest posts