Lost a friend to a snakebite

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian":22xvd9wy said:
Chrisy you could have few of our browns and blacks too. Shifted a few posts the other day that were lying on the ground. Found a young Brown snake curled up beneath one of them. He was about a foot long. He was very sluggish because it's not snake time over here. He got a bit stirred up when I touched him with a rake. Darned thing wriggled of beneath the grass. Small browns are as venomous as an adult. Our snake repellers have worked well this past summer.Kept two big browns out of the house yard.
Hey haven't I got enough problems without the aid of all these snakes people want to send me :? you can all keep your critters, they don't need a holiday as much as I do. I am off on my travels in a few weeks time, I am going to the very far end of England, the Lizard, Lands End, as I can't fly (there've taken my wings away) we have desided to take a look around our own Country this year, it has been years since I have been to Cornwall and am looking forwards to it. Cornwall is full of history, on smugglers and lots of caves to visit, My eldest Daughters In Laws live down there (not the caves) so we will visit with them, then it is back home for a few weeks and then off up to the North of England to see my youngest Daughter and her In Laws, I will take a few photo's and post when I'm back if any of you would like to see our beautiful Country, I'll add a few cows in the shots. 20mins walk away from my Daughter in the North there is a farm where the first outbreak of Foot and Mouth took place, it is now a heritage farm. and is also where Wuthering Heights was written, and the TV show 'Last of the Summer Wine' was filmed.
Sorry Jo I feel I have highjacked your thread. Once again please except my condolances for your loss. Chris.

Texas Gal":3uf5ovnt said:
Friend of mine was bitten over the weekend by a copperhead. Thankfully, she just had to spend the night at the hospital.
Another example of how dangerous a copperhead can be. Glad it wasn't worse than a night in the hospital.

Now those little spiders like to stay in dark corners and crevices when they are not busy spinning their web. I reallly don't think they will bother you if you leave them alone. That is unless you are some kind of fly or insect. :lol2:

Latest posts