Lost a Dear Friend

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
A dear friend and neighbor Mr. Francis Moncrief passed away Wednesday nite after a long illness. The news made me feel terrible. His funeral was today. I sent flowers but did not attend the funeral. I feel guilty for not attending. I could have but didn't want to see my friend in a casket. I want to remember him riding his UTV across the pastures checking his cattle and fences. We installed a gate in our fenceline so we could visit each other without leaving our property. If we were both out in our pastures we would meet at the gate and visit. He was a good friend with a good family.

I was not trying to be disrespectful for not attending his funeral. I hope his family will understand my feelings and that I have not offended theirs. I pray for his sole and that his family will in time heal. I will miss Francis.

~Tom

Sorry for your loss Tom, good friends are hard to come by and even harder to lose.

Sorry to hear that Tom, I'm sure you did what was best. Sometimes in life there are no right or wrong answers, you were there for him when it counted the most.

Larry

curtis":2d3ig2fy said:
Sorry for your loss Tom, good friends are hard to come by and even harder to lose.

Isn't that the sad truth....

My sincere condolences Tom

May his memory make you smile!

hugs,
Vickie

So sorry to hear that Tom...I'm sure they will understand your feelings as you say they are good friends. Don't beat yourself up about it and just have those fond memories of him over the garden gate.

Tom,

I lost a good ole friend the same day you did. Kind of leaves you feeling all hollow inside doesn't it? This friend was my mentor when I started on a construction site right out of HS. He's been in my corner all my life.

We meet so many folks in our life and only a very few are really good friends. Folks you can count on when the chips are down and vice versa.

Hold on to the memories. Don't worry so much about missing the formalities. Focus on doing good for the family. That's what you would want the most if you were gone.

I too am sorry for your loss. I understand about not attending the funeral. If not going is bothering you, you could send a card and letter to his family telling them about your relationship with him and the good memories that you have.
I'm sure that will mean a lot to them. (((hugs)))

Sorry for your loss. How you choose to honor and remember your friend is your business and no one should think any less of you because of it.

We lost an old, dear friend this week too. Turned 49 just a week before he died, and spent the last year battling pancreatic cancer, so in effect his life was only 47 years.

Tom,

I can share your sentiments. We've lost several friends and an Aunt in the last few weeks. Hang in there and hold onto those still with us.It aint never easy, but I agree with the way you did what your heart told you to do. Nothing worse than a person laying in a casket.

Been thinking about you and your loss. Hope you're doing okay and were able to enjoy some time with your family over the holiday weekend.