Lost a calf

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I had a calf that apparently got stuck in mud at least for 12-16 hours pulled him out gave hay and water thinking he was stressed and tired from fighting the mud he ate some head up when left wife and grandma called to tell me it had died :x I hate losing them :frowns:

That's why I'm hesitant to use a tank. It's all good when it's full but as it evaporates/gets drank down it gets muddy. With the price of cows I think it's better to fence some of em off and pump water out of em to a water tank.

Kingfisher":19btci0y said:
That's why I'm hesitant to use a tank. It's all good when it's full but as it evaporates/gets drank down it gets muddy. With the price of cows I think it's better to fence some of em off and pump water out of em to a water tank.

Well this was in a loafing shed but I do know what you are talking about.

Bigfoot":19btci0y said:
That's one that dextrose might have helped, but ya never know.

I thought he was going to be ok just tired but I was wrong could have.

M-5":2iyi6cs8 said:
that sucks, The woulda coulda shoulda is sometimes worse than the fact of losing one.

You got that right. I had been planning to cement all loafing sheds soon as it dried out but didn't get too it fast enough.

hate to hear that, always bad to loose one. I always say those that have, have to loose ad those that don't ,don't have to worry about it

Latest posts