loss of hair

Help Support CattleToday:

TSR

Reaction score
I was late in locating a newborn calf for various reasons and when I finally found the calf I noticed that the flies had gotten to him. As a result he has lost quite a bit of hair along his back and the skin appears to be almost raw looking. I have had this happen once before with a calf born during the hot summer and I didn't have much success in getting the hair to grow back. The calf runs and jumps around and acts like he feels pretty good otherwise. I just wondered if anyone here has a good method of treatment to get his hair to grow back other than just spraying for the flies and keeping the area clean?

I'd apply Boudreaux's Butt Paste, liberally, twice a day, or at least once. It's incredible! Have used it on cracked
hands, sunburned udders, dog hot spots, abscesses on cats (cures small hot spot or abscess in one or two days),
rashes that nothing else works on, you name it, everyone I know who has tried it finds it invaluable.
Really! It works when nothing else does (doesn't work on fungal infections though). Wal-mart sells it.