Losing A Real Friend Sucks.

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Got word today of an older feller that I would consider to be a Mentor and a real friend.He passed away in Ohio, while visiting Family . He went fast of a Heart Attack and his beloved Bride was by his side.Don, I'll miss you Ol'Buddy. You wont be forgotten around this place.Our loss, Heaven's gain. Dad always said if you can count real friends in this ol' world on a hand or two, you done good.

Crowder I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my best friend three years ago. I still miss him. Tom

It hurts to lose a friend. I lost my best friend over twenty years ago and I still think of her every day, wondering what she would have been today. I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that Crowder. I know its tough to lose a friend but to lose a mentor/friend is doubly tough. I lost one of these a few years ago and I assure you its going to be hard to deal with for a long time to come. I can't count the times I've wished he was still around so I could pick his brain. He was so kind and so wise. As you said, our loss was heaven's gain.

I'm sorry Crowder.
Jo is right it will take quite awhile to learn how to go on without him there.
You are not alone.
Next Thursday will be one year since my friend died.
I still miss her everyday.

Sometimes there just are no words that are appropriate..... sorry is not much but all we got in these situations. Your friend will always be with you.

While working in the cow pens we sometimes have
to stop and rest (both of us are older now). As we
rest our conversations always go back to the old timer
who we both worked with for many years. One of
us will always say "If Mr. Tom could see us sitting here
getting nothing done he would have a fit".
Our old friends are always with us.....
Sorry for your loss.
RT

sorry that you lost such a good friend an mentor.i know youll think of an miss him everyday.

Keep your chin up Crowder. It happens to all of us. Every time I hear the song "In Color" I'm reminded of a few old pals. They just don't make em like that anymore.

Mentors molded us into what we are today. He lives on Crowder. You cannot deny that. Be glad you were in his circle of influence. He was grateful I am sure.

Don't "get over it". Just be thankful.

So sorry to hear of your loss Crowder you and his family will be in my prayers. Good friends are hard to come by and will always be remembered. It's nice when you can think of them and have a little chuckle about something you did together. that will come in time.

Latest posts