Lord of the Flies

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Flies to the left of me....flies to the right of me....I am surrounded by flies. This unusually wet weather has them hatching by the millions. I keep spraying my cattle with insect spray and the rain just washes it off. I charge my back rubs and a frog strangler just washes it out. I have been battling this for weeks. I got my first case of pink-eye yesterday in a 5 month old heifer. I haven't had a case of pink-eye in 5 years. But hey......I have all the grass I could want so I am not going to cry too much.

HOSS":1mqu5m5g said:
Flies to the left of me....flies to the right of me....I am surrounded by flies. This unusually wet weather has them hatching by the millions. I keep spraying my cattle with insect spray and the rain just washes it off. I charge my back rubs and a frog strangler just washes it out. I have been battling this for weeks. I got my first case of pink-eye yesterday in a 5 month old heifer. I haven't had a case of pink-eye in 5 years. But hey......I have all the grass I could want so I am not going to cry too much.
HOSS can I swap you about a zillion grasshoppers for some of those flies? :cry2:

i got the frogs... to take care of those grasshoppers... as many as i got i still like hearing them at night.. a sound i aint heard in a few years... and the sweat bee's i had all but forgot about them.. the ones that nab you in the elbow, are under your arm pit..