Looks like the midwest is in for some rough weather

Help Support CattleToday:

Hanging in. It's coming. Almost here. We're ready. Oil in lamps etc. everything is buttoned down.

Rockin, rollin and blowin here for about an hour now. Headed off to East looks like. Must be stuff down on the hiway, see the vehicle lights at a crawl. Power out and my batt almost dead.

greybeard":3kw9ncip said:
Rockin, rollin and blowin here for about an hour now. Headed off to East looks like. Must be stuff down on the hiway, see the vehicle lights at a crawl. Power out and my batt almost dead.
No power here high winds with small hail what a light show.
This is going to be fun after daylight.

We got some wind and a piddly 4/10 of an inch of rain. Weather Liars blew another one.

We had some wind. 3/4 inch rain. Lots of thunder and lightening. Lost power around 4 which was well after the storm had passed. Strange. Power was on when I woke up.

Several tornados here lot of damage in town.
Neighbor had one run through his yard damage to barn and trees,
other neighbor lost several out buildings.
I was lucky one tree on the fence.

Stange how it affects those who were not thought to be in the path but it passed right over the rest of us. We were expecting some serious hail damage. Schools let out early.

backhoeboogie":1dqjjz3c said:
Stange how it affects those who were not thought to be in the path but it passed right over the rest of us. We were expecting some serious hail damage. Schools let out early.
No power in town at all, lot of Polk,Tyler and Hardin county with no power. Schools closed as well.

Saw on the news, this morning, where parts of Texas (I imagine near where you all are at) must have been close to Caustic, had several tornados and lots of wind damage. Other areas lots of rain.

dun sorry to hear that you didn't get the rin that you need.

Glad to hear, that so far, everyone in those areas is okay.

We got just over an inch here and one heck of a light show and lost power for about three hours but nothing to bad. Coming home from OKC I skirted around the edge of a storm that was fairly severe and got a little bit of hail but I missed the worst of it.
Maybe there's something wired wrong in my head but I really enjoy these storms. I sat on the porch from about midnight to three watching the lightning and it was right on top of me.

It got rough here. Had to saw my way out to the 1st county road, and then some more sawing to get to the first FM road. Over 20 trees down on powerline or roads within 1 mile radius of my house. No structural damage that I can see, but there is livestock running loose in the forest once again. I count 5 trees down on mine, 3 are on fences. Some broke off at the ground, some uprooted. I don't know for sure that it was a tornado, but my house was shaking and my yard looks like someone just grabbed it and shook it .
I so hate trees!!!

Entergy's phone message says 90,000 customers without power in this area and that restoration will be 6pm. I'm not nearly that optimistic. Then again--the message didn't say which day at 6pm.

greybeard":2o41qlst said:
It got rough here. Had to saw my way out to the 1st county road, and then some more sawing to get to the first FM road. Over 20 trees down on powerline or roads within 1 mile radius of my house. No structural damage that I can see, but there is livestock running loose in the forest once again. I count 5 trees down on mine, 3 are on fences. Some broke off at the ground, some uprooted. I don't know for sure that it was a tornado, but my house was shaking and my yard looks like someone just grabbed it and shook it .
I so hate trees!!!

Entergy's phone message says 90,000 customers without power in this area and that restoration will be 6pm. I'm not nearly that optimistic. Then again--the message didn't say which day at 6pm.
We are hearing tomorrow.
If you would like to practice on fence or rotten trees come on by
no charge you know where I live.

cow pollinater":289jwkb5 said:
Maybe there's something wired wrong in my head but I really enjoy these storms. I sat on the porch from about midnight to three watching the lightning and it was right on top of me.
Good to know I'm not the only one that does it

Sounds like the funs about to start.

I like a good storm, but I hate that grating buzzer. Especially right in the middle of a good song that's turned up.

There should be a warning for the warning.

Latest posts