Looks like the midwest is in for some rough weather

Help Support CattleToday:

We got wetter than wet this weekend and local farm weather guesser says anyone who didn't get their corn in during the earlier nice spell of weather will be very sorry, because it looks like 3 weeks before field conditions will allow more corn to be planted.

The claimed the same thing pretty much for last week also. We got a whopping 2/10, springfield didn;t even get that much

Well dun, since you got shortchanged on rain last week, you can have my share this week --free of charge. I'll even throw in some wind too.
you're welcome, just don't try to return any excess please.
:tiphat:

Sounds like the leftovers of the system that came through here late last week and then hit alberta/montana over the weekend

greybeard":1vzhwq7n said:
Well dun, since you got shortchanged on rain last week, you can have my share this week --free of charge. I'll even throw in some wind too.
you're welcome, just don't try to return any excess please.
:tiphat:
We've already had our share and more of wind. The past 2 months we've only had a couple of days when it wasn't plowing 30 mph or more. Although they are caliming we'll have even worse winds tomorrow night. Thta doesn;t concern me much because about everything that could be blown down/away has already don it

dun":259rfctr said:
The claimed the same thing pretty much for last week also. We got a whopping 2/10, springfield didn;t even get that much
I'm heading into Oklahoma City today to haul both kids and an elderly pastor around for a couple hours in a Toyota pickup that's so light it breaks traction if someone farts in the back seat. That should be tempting enough to the weather gods to really get things stirred up.

greybeard":24e1ltyf said:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/25/weather/severe-weather-tornadoes/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/inside-the- ... -oklahoma/

Most of it looks to miss my part of the world this time.
Thank goodness for the miss, sure hope it doesn't get too wild in the alley
Grand daughter and great grandsons right in the back yard with Boogie.

Caustic Burno":2bc98oja said:
greybeard":2bc98oja said:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/25/weather/severe-weather-tornadoes/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/inside-the- ... -oklahoma/

Most of it looks to miss my part of the world this time.

We got in a make up ball game last night. These grandsons aren't playing much baseball. Sun was out the other day but the field had 6 inches of water on it. Just about the time one of the fields dries out the rains hit again.

The guys putting a metal roof on my house says, "My God. What are you expecting?" He saw some of the steel wind bracing in the frame.

Caustic Burno":237w1jgb said:

What county is she in? The Emergency Response Organization sent us a heads up pdf from NWS. Looks like they're painting a bull's eye of risk that's long and wide for these parts.

backhoeboogie":m5o6q0z1 said:
Caustic Burno":m5o6q0z1 said:

What county is she in? The Emergency Response Organization sent us a heads up pdf from NWS. Looks like they're painting a bull's eye of risk that's long and wide for these parts.
Boogie she lives in Cleburne not sure what county that is.

I hope you all that have had too much rain and nastiness don't get overrun with it again.

We could desperately use some rain here. (I know, careful what you wish for). Over 9,000 acres of Shenandoah National Park have burned since the 16th. Still burning. Most of that fire is, literally, just over the ridge of where we are. 300 or more firefighters from 30 states, helcopters, etc. working on it.

Similar to dun, we've had breezy-windy days, everyday, since the 1st. Same deal, that last "storm" that came through dropped enough rain (where I am) to make the surface of the grass blades wet.

Caustic Burno":1kx9xjug said:
Boogie she lives in Cleburne not sure what county that is.

Johnson County. About 20 miles east of my workplace and about 40 miles from my house. Cleburne was hit hard last year with a Tornado. I am very familiar with the town. Work with a lot of people who live there. Have many friends there.

Keep in mind that I am close.

45% percent chance of baseball to softball size hail here. 30% chance just south of us. It doesn't look good. I have had three bulletins from the ERO pop up in the last 15 minutes.

backhoeboogie":33p24hm8 said:
45% percent chance of baseball to softball size hail here. 30% chance just south of us. It doesn't look good. I have had three bulletins from the ERO pop up in the last 15 minutes.

Your direction is where I'm hearing that they will fire up, boogie. Lots of times they weaken as they get to McKinney and we're hoping they do again. Nevertheless, I'm getting those things that can be tied down secured.

Tornado Alley is open for business tonight. Its gonna be a long night. ERO is sending constant alerst out to all participants. check this one:

* EFFECTIVE THIS TUESDAY AFTERNOON FROM 230 PM UNTIL MIDNIGHT
CDT.

...THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION...

* PRIMARY THREATS INCLUDE...
SEVERAL TORNADOES AND A FEW INTENSE TORNADOES LIKELY
WIDESPREAD LARGE HAIL AND SCATTERED VERY LARGE HAIL EVENTS TO 4
INCHES IN DIAMETER EXPECTED
WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS LIKELY WITH ISOLATED SIGNIFICANT GUSTS
TO 80 MPH POSSIBLE

SUMMARY...NUMEROUS SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS EXPECTED TO RAPIDLY FORM IN
THE NEXT COUPLE HOURS OVER WESTERN PART OF WATCH...INCLUDING A FEW
STRONG SUPERCELLS CAPABLE OF VERY LARGE HAIL...DAMAGING WIND...AND
TORNADOES. THE STORMS SHOULD MERGE INTO BROKEN LINES AND
CLUSTERS...WITH EMBEDDED SUPERCELLS CONTINUING TO POSE A RISK FOR
VERY LARGE HAIL...DAMAGING WIND.. AND A FEW TORNADOES AS THEY
MOVE/DEVELOP EAST-NORTHEAST INTO TONIGHT.

THE TORNADO WATCH AREA IS APPROXIMATELY ALONG AND 90 STATUTE
MILES EAST AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 20 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF
PONCA CITY OKLAHOMA TO 35 MILES SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF BROWNWOOD
TEXAS. FOR A COMPLETE DEPICTION OF THE WATCH SEE THE ASSOCIATED
WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE (WOUS64 KWNS WOU9).

Looking pretty scary in sw ok and north tx.
Headed west across the dry line in a big hurry

Latest posts