Looks like gonna be a wet winter and fall here

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
2" + early last weekend. Got 3" already since last night and ............
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of southeast Texas... including
the following counties... Austin... Brazos... Burleson...
Colorado... Grimes... Harris... Houston... Liberty... Madison...
Montgomery... Polk... San Jacinto... Trinity... Walker... Waller
and Washington."
* Scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms are expected to
develop across southeast Texas tonight into early Thursday.
Rainfall amounts will average 2 to 4 inches across the region.
Isolated totals of up to 6 to 8 inches are possible in
locations where training of cells develops.*

its been raining an sprinkling here since 7 this morniong.dont think we had but about .5 inch of rain.but they say we can get up to 5 inches oof rain by thurs nite.

GB we are flooded in we have got 6 inches so far and predicting up to another 3 inches tonight.
The branch running through my pasture looks like the Trinity River.

...FLASH FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR CENTRAL TYLER AND
CENTRAL JASPER COUNTIES UNTIL 730 PM CDT...

AT 523 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITH HEAVY RAINFALL ADVANCING ACROSS THE
WARNED AREA. THESE ADDITIONAL RAINS WILL BE SUFFICIENT TO MAINTAIN
THE THREAT OF ADDITIONAL FLOODING.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RADAR INDICATED UP TO 6 INCHES OF RAIN HAD
FALLEN. AN ADDITIONAL 1 TO 3 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE
INCOMING RAINS. SOME LOCATIONS THAT MAY EXPERIENCE FLASH FLOODING
INCLUDE...JASPER...TOWN BLUFF...WOODVILLE...MAGNOLIA SPRINGS...MT.
UNION AND SPURGER.

One swallow doesn;t make a summer! It could turn off tomorrow and not come again for 6 months. Be gratefull for what you're getting becuase once it sops and starts to dry out you'll be glad that it finally stopped.

dun":3id496sh said:
One swallow doesn;t make a summer! It could turn off tomorrow and not come again for 6 months. Be gratefull for what you're getting becuase once it sops and starts to dry out you'll be glad that it finally stopped.

I aint complaining. Wouldn't be bad at all cept all the creeks are plugged up with dead trees from the drought.
Used to take ten inches to get the branch that runs through my place out of banks.
I spent all day reloading 44 Mag 32-40 and 30-30 listening to rain on a tin roof, very relaxing.

Got the house slab poured yesterday....bring it on. Need a little runnoff. Still at a level D1 moderate drought.

Slacked off here tonight, but the air outside feels------------really strange. Still as the doldrums--not a speck of breeze and almost hot, but doesn't feel humid--that just can't be. It should be muggy as heck and isn't.......Can't place my finger on it, but I've felt this before somewhere-sometime, and I don't like the feel of it at all.

We are up to 8 inches in 24 hrs and still raining with more on the way.
Not a breath of air rain coming straight down like you are pouring it out of a bucket.
Fence patrol today should be interesting.

Caustic Burno":11b0z6ng said:
Not a breath of air rain coming straight down like you are pouring it out of a bucket.

We are getting it as well CB

I am putting off cleaning pens because the fields are so wet.

The pens are empty and the fields can get the manure in the spring if all goes well.

Otherwise I will stock pile it in the back for a year.

Be that as it may, try and keep your feet dry my friend

Bez

Caustic Burno":ed1vlhf1 said:
Yep--here too. Not as bad as you're getting-- from the looks of the radar signature.

Caustic Burno":38qks2kx said:
That's about what we've gotten too. I have 70 rolls sitting in a field and 20 acres to cut . Can't catch a break either too dry or too wet ....at least the rye grass will grow ..

greybeard":21nz091p said:
2" + early last weekend. Got 3" already since last night and ............
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of southeast Texas... including
the following counties... Austin... Brazos... Burleson...
Colorado... Grimes... Harris... Houston... Liberty... Madison...
Montgomery... Polk... San Jacinto... Trinity... Walker... Waller
and Washington."

Would you please add a few more to that list? They didn't deliver what they said they would in these parts. But we aint hurting. 1/2 inch Saturday and a little over a quarter yesterday. Ground was moist last week so we are okay.

Fence patrol was a blast both water gaps blown out due to log's.
Tree on the west fence, creek got out banks cut a ditch under the back fence in the bottom pasture.
Put 28 tires in the washout under the fence until it gets dry enough to move some dirt.
Tree off the fence electric fence back in service on the west pasture.
Cows all in the east pasture till the boys get here in the morning to put the water gaps back together.
Wont be to bad as I designed them to blow out if a log comes downstream, just have to cable clamp them back together.
We ended up with 8.8 inches.

Ended up with 5 3/4" over the last couple days. 2 trees down but none on the fences.
Green like spring, but that probably won't last long. Pond is chock-a-block full and running out the relief.

greybeard":322ts37i said:
Ended up with 5 3/4" over the last couple days. 2 trees down but none on the fences.
Green like spring, but that probably won't last long. Pond is chock-a-block full and running out the relief.

UPDATE:
Pond is no longer running out the relief---------river is now running INTO the relief--pond is over chock-a-block full.
Dawn may bring an interesting view......

Today I was noticing how green the grass is, how much their is of it and how it looks like Spring rather than a day away from our first possible frost of the season.

Latest posts