looks like another dry year.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
its near about as dry here as it was last year. looks like we are on our way for a nother record-breaker. (i don't think i'll be irrigating this year.)

beefy it can still turn an start raining for you.so never give up hope of rain.when the drought breaks for you.youll be in mudd for months.i know we was here.thats why we couldnt get all the hay baled till aug.it never quit raining long enough to dry the fields up.

bigbull338":3ub7qcjc said:
beefy it can still turn an start raining for you.so never give up hope of rain.when the drought breaks for you.youll be in mudd for months.i know we was here.thats why we couldnt get all the hay baled till aug.it never quit raining long enough to dry the fields up.

When we did FINALLY bale the hay was down to something like 11% protein. Everyone had so much of it you can't hardly give it away.

I heard that beefy. Looks like the calf weaning weights are going to be alot lower this year as the calves are just not eating the creep feed I have set out for them.

I sure hope 'Ma Nature starts to send you guys in the southeast some meaningful moisture.

It's getting plenty dry around my area, although the weather guessers are predicting a decent chance of rain later this week. Driving around this past weekend I saw a fair amount of milo that's starting to head out, as well as a lot of corn that's just starting to tassel. Quite a bit of the corn is starting to show that it really needs a good drink. Sure would be tough for all those farmers to spend a small fortune on high priced seed and fertilizer, only to have the crops fail due to dry weather.

We don't need another drought. Keep thinking positive Beefy, maybe we can make it rain thru good karma. :D If not, I think Sister Sarah might can woop up some mojo that might help.

Y'all have my sympathy, and I asked UPS if they couldn't ship some of these clouds your way. It won't stop raining here. UPS said "no go", BTW. Suggested you speak to the appropriate deity. Personally, I think the Lord isn't sending any rain down there because he isn't about to pay $4.50 for diesel. You are victims of shipping costs. It isn't funny, but what are you gonna do?

john250":n1rl617e said:
Y'all have my sympathy, and I asked UPS if they couldn't ship some of these clouds your way. It won't stop raining here. UPS said "no go", BTW. Suggested you speak to the appropriate deity. Personally, I think the Lord isn't sending any rain down there because he isn't about to pay $4.50 for diesel. You are victims of shipping costs. It isn't funny, but what are you gonna do?

:lol: Situation may not be funny but there's no sense in crying about it - much rather laugh - I'll save my tears for my banker. ;-)

Latest posts