Looking to buy welder

Help Support CattleToday:

i don not noq od any 220v welder that do not require gas..alot of the samller 110 suitcase style migs dont use gas....

I have a Hobart 110 volt mig that i bought a few years ago.

I am not a great welder but can sometimes get things to stick.

My little mig is easy to use and I am getting better with it. I first learned on a stick and still like stick better but the mig is handy. the thing I like about stick is the ability to weld cast or aluminum or hardfacing by just changing the stick. With a mig you have to change the spool.

I use nothing but flux core in the mig.

I forget the wattage of my generator but it is not enough to consistenly pull the mig welder at any higher settings.

I found a lincoln powerarc 4000 in excellent used shape for under $650. It does good enough for the somewhat heavier welding, although it won't do what the plug in lincoln box arc welder(don't remember the model). I have ran a Hobart 180 Handler both gas and flux cored off the powerarc's generator with success, but usually leave the mig hobart in the shop and take the metal to it. I use it for 90% of my welding, unless it is a rusty piece of machinery broke down in the field, or pipe corners in field, that is where the lincoln with 6011 welding rods really shines.

Latest posts