Looking for info

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't know if there are any state by state numbers, but johnesdisease.org says about 68.1% of dairy herds and 8% of beef herds are infected (2007 numbers).

redcowsrule33":xgjq26jy said:
Don't know if there are any state by state numbers, but johnesdisease.org says about 68.1% of dairy herds and 8% of beef herds are infected (2007 numbers).

I just read that it was 60 % in dairy herds milking over 300 head, I think it is only around 20 percent with an average 100 head or less of milkers..Beef is not that accurate as a lot have been culled or the old SSS...and there have not been vary many government funding test programs for beef like there has been for dairy.

There are a lot of good web sites out there ,just google them ;or contact your vet or local ag rep. they can send you in the right direction..

Hi we are new to the cattle. we have 2 Hereford,heifer about 1 yr old. the one has what i call is a prolapsed Vagina.
It is about the size of a golf ball ,it alway has a thin string of something of Poop hanging off it. We also have a Angus bull about a year old also.
We would like to breed them. Is there any thing I can do about this Prolapsed? please i need your help.

Latest posts