looking for ideas

Help Support CattleToday:

Onlybleve

Reaction score
Hi all im new to this board would sure love to have your opinion on some ideas for a cow costume contest we will be having at our county fair this year. After the showmanship and class show we will be having fun with dressing our cows in costumes can anyone give me some ideas this is new to us this year we need two different ones as my son has two heifers. thanks for any help you can give.. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a good one Killala!

Some of the costumes I have seen . . .

Princess

Butterfly (huge wings on the calf)

BMX rider (calf was BMX)

Cowboy

Clown

Santa and calf as a reindeer

Calf as the zebra from the movie Racing Stripes (I think thats what it was called - the one with the zebra that thinks its a race horse)

My personal favourite - a little girl with a Highland heifer - beauty and the beast

And the close second - a bloke dressed as a butcher with the cuts of meat painted on his calf.

Or for a talking point, two alternatives:

Kids leading other children round (pretending to be a calf)

We took a Boer buck out and pretended we were townies who had been sold a calf.

Anyway good luck and have fun!

My personal favourite - a little girl with a Highland heifer - beauty and the beast

At Adelaide this year we had a little girl dress up as Pebbles (from the Flintstones) and the Highland calf as a mammoth... soooo cute!!

Thanks so much for all of the ideas we were at a stand still, all seem like they would be fun will discuss them with my son and let you know what we decide thanks for being helpful. the fun will begin when we have to figure out how to make the costume. Thanks again

Football player... AFL... Australian Football League.... Unless Bek's talking bout that bl@@dy rugby, which ISN'T footy!!! :p

you could also take a wrangler patch off of a pari of pants and glue it or tape it to his hip and strap a pair of suspenders to the cow and he could be a farmer you could even put a straw hat on him . i wanted to do that to my steer for our sale this year cause his name is cowboy and i thought it would be cute . what county do you show out of ?

Yes my son will be showing in Bartow the 15 & 16. There is also a show there in the morning he is showing in.
Good Luck at the show we just started but we have a good time. And really learn alot.. :D

Listen!!!

What's that sound?

It must be CB runnin all over hisself to get here and comment on how dumb it is to dress up a cow!!
All this time he thought pettin em was bad!! :lol:

warpaint":2blshmw6 said:
Listen!!!

What's that sound?

It must be CB runnin all over hisself to get here and comment on how dumb it is to dress up a cow!!
All this time he thought pettin em was bad!! :lol:

lmao.....I was thinking the same thing! Except I think CB's doctor might have advised him to stay out of the show board at the risk of an aneurysm. :lol: And for sure this thread just might be the one that got him.

Onlybleve":1h9k494x said:
Hi all im new to this board would sure love to have your opinion on some ideas for a cow costume contest we will be having at our county fair this year. After the showmanship and class show we will be having fun with dressing our cows in costumes can anyone give me some ideas this is new to us this year we need two different ones as my son has two heifers. thanks for any help you can give.. :D

This is a blue ribbon winner here I thought I had heard it all.

You get First Prize.

Caustic Burno":1zaclva2 said:
Onlybleve":1zaclva2 said:

This is a blue ribbon winner here I thought I had heard it all.

You get First Prize.

I was thinking you would be a perfect Judge of such and event. You know them livestock Judges travel around judging cattle maybe you could Judge the Cattle Costume Contest. ;-)

Personally I would dress a steer up like Hoss Cartwright :lol:

On a serious note (as serious as a person can be on a thread of this nature) Paint all the cuts of the carcass on the animal and mark them.

Like this.

beef_diagram.gif

Latest posts