Looking for bred cows or pairs

Help Support CattleToday:

BIZIN

Reaction score
Where are some good places online to look for bred cows or pairs for sale in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Montana? Or anyone got any on here? Looking for Angus X Hereford or straight hereford cows calving now till July 15th or pairs. Reasonably priced. No bad bags, bad feet or old cows.

Straight Hereford cows. About 20 good young spring pairs to choose from. Premium quality. Calves born April 23 up to a couple days from now. $2450 a pair - I'll even give you a CT discount and say $2400. No bad bags, bad feet or old cows.

Let me know when your coming. I'll put the pot on. ;-)

BIZIN":1gi2k2c7 said:
haha reasonably priced to me means $1300 or so

Thats not "reasonably priced" thats stealing them. :D :D

You can add 500 to that and you might get some interest, but if it keeps raining people are gonna do it at that price either. Now if it gets really dry by July, there may be some for sale especially in the western part of SD.

You can buy good cows $13-1500 all day. $2500... He's not asking about registered cows.

Not registered. $880 for the calves last fall and no problem selling breds, especially young cows for $1600.

He won't find someone 'willing' to sell $1300 breds this time of year. Only if it's someone who doesn't care anymore and wants to pack it in.

The time of cheap breds is almost over. If people have feed this year, all hell will likely break loose. $1500 might look pretty cheap for a bred.

I'm willing to wait. If we dont get another big rain in Saskatchewan guys are in trouble. Spring came a month late and the grass is still maturing at its regular rate, so the alfalfa will be blooming soon and right now its only 6" high in the hollows. There will be cheap cows yet. There are alot of guys asking that $1600-2200 for pairs and 1400-1600 for breds but those ads are sitting there a long time. The ads on Kijiji that have them listed at 1300-1400 are gone within days. Cows will get back down in that range. After looking at some sights cows are cheaper in Manitoba than anywhere else it seems.

That was just an example I found in 3 min looking on my phone. There's hours of looking on that sight.