Looking for an honest man

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
It is a surprise to see our government do their job! ;-)

Manafort will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy against the US and one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice due to attempts to tamper with witnesses, according to a court filing Friday.

The prosecution's star witness, Rick Gates – Manafort's former business partner who struck a plea deal to cooperate with the government -- testified during the trial that he and Manafort committed bank and tax fraud together.

Manafort cheated the United States out of over $15 million in taxes," the filing states, adding that in order to commit the crimes, he relied on help from both his longtime deputy Rick Gates and the Russian Konstantin Kilimnik.

The terms of the plea agreement are being published. Man, that was no sweetheart deal. Ten year term and assets. This ain't no witch hunt, they are out for big game!

15 million is a lot of nickels. Over 4 lifetimes of earnings for most common workers.

It happens all day, every day, but most of 'em aren't close to Trump. They gonna lay the wood to him because of it.

Bestoutwest":d06vnrw5 said:
He's not going to prison. His buddy will pardon him, watch and see.

He would not be pardoned until the end of his term - at least that is the way Presidential pardons have been exercised in the past. Remember, Nixon pardoned some of his conspirators after he resigned, if my recollection is correct.

The main objective is to obtain testimony from Manafort. These guys are good at what they do, pull threads until the entire garment falls apart.

Bright Raven":1qc0oll9 said:
Bestoutwest":1qc0oll9 said:

He would not be pardoned until the end of his term - at least that is the way Presidential pardons have been exercised in the past. Remember, Nixon pardoned some of his conspirators after he resigned, if my recollection is correct.

The main objective is to obtain testimony from Manafort. These guys are good at what they do, pull threads until the entire garment falls apart.

Nixon or Ford? When Nixon resigned, shouldn't he have lost powers? Or did he do this the day before. Full disclosure, I have not read up on him like I should have and have a biography on my reading list.

With Trump you never know. He pardoned the Hammonds and Joe Arapio, whatever his name is.

I wish all the crooked ones would get convicted and do jail time. Although, they might have to build some additional space to house them all.

Bestoutwest":3lmp4g25 said:
Bright Raven":3lmp4g25 said:
Bestoutwest":3lmp4g25 said:

Nixon or Ford? When Nixon resigned, shouldn't he have lost powers? Or did he do this the day before. Full disclosure, I have not read up on him like I should have and have a biography on my reading list.

With Trump you never know. He pardoned the Hammonds and Joe Arapio, whatever his name is.

Ford pardoned Richard Nixon. I think there were others involved in the Watergate scandal who got pardons.

You are correct on Trump. He might say or do anything.

Folks, nothing has changed since the Greek times of Diogenes, a Greek philosopher who criticized the values, corruption and confused state of society. He was the world's most famous cynic. He would walk around Athens with a lantern and when asked what he was doing he would say, "Looking for an honest man".

:banana:

I cringe when I think about what has been going on in the FBI and DOJ in recent years. The swamp is large and full of muck and will take a while to drain. But it's happening slowly and the biggest crooks aren't very happy.

If you like campaign rhetoric. Fine.

What good is draining a swamp if it is only replaced by a cesspool.

:cry2:

When you drain a swamp, you cut a hole at the lowest point, all the clear water underneath drains , and you're left with the scum on top. I think what this special counsel has shown us so far , is that there really is a double standard , and that white collar crimes are unlikely to be prosecuted under normal circumstances , so, go make millions , or even billions , then hire the best legal representation .

snoopdog":39kdj28l said:
When you drain a swamp, you cut a hole at the lowest point, all the clear water underneath drains , and you're left with the scum on top. I think what this special counsel has shown us so far , is that there really is a double standard , and that white collar crimes are unlikely to be prosecuted under normal circumstances , so, go make millions , or even billions , then hire the best legal representation .

I contemplated something along those lines today.

Would Manafort have been prosecuted for tax fraud, bank fraud, etc if they were not pursuing the Russian investigation? Let's face it - Manafort should be going to prison. He is simply a piece of the puzzle now in a much bigger action.

White collar crime is rampant in this country. Most of it goes unpursued because of resources, etc. Plus, as you say, they simply employ legal counsel that either gets them off or delays it to the extent they never suffer punishment. This country is nothing more than Zimbabwe on a bigger budget. Lol

ga.prime":1fedhazb said:
How about an honest woman? Honesty don't get you elected.

Yes. And does not seem there is a way to change that. I think for the rest of my life, I am going fishing on election day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts