looking for a high powered solar powered fencer

Help Support CattleToday:

mncowboy":25iu2nbd said:
Looking for any suggestions on a large high powered solar fencer?
thanks in advance

Just exactly what do you mean by LARGE HIGH POWERED ?

I use SS units made by parmak .. They have been loyal to me.

[cod]/code]
I picked up a magnum 12. I couldn't find anything bigger then a 30 mile fencer. I typically use the AC powered fencers, zebra 100 and 200 mile fencers.

Parmark 12v box,battery and separate solar panel. The self contained units have not worked out very well for me.

I have a couple high powered units. The price difference is because the complete units with a panel, battery, charge controller and energizer are mini units not capable of charging large acreages. I have a Taylor 8 joule DC unit then I buy a large deep cycle battery and a 120 watt panel to charge it. Then I also have a charge controller which is another $100. This unit runs 45 acres of multi wire, heavily vegetation loaded fence and does a great job. I probably have about $1000 into the whole set up but this is the only way to go when in off grid areas, the small complete units you see for sale won't even begin to run an area this size. I also have a Stafix 3x that runs a 20 acre heavily loaded fence and does a great job, it has a 30 watt panel and also nedds another $100 charge controller.

HDRider":sot5c2z0 said:
skyhightree1":sot5c2z0 said:
HDRider":sot5c2z0 said:

Nice chargers that have some real nice prices on them too.
There sure is a huge price difference between Parmak and Taylor. I wonder why so much difference?
I suspect (but don't know) that someone else is making them FOR Taylor, and there is a markup from both the actual manufacturer and Talyor, as well as any other retailer/wholesaler/distributor involved. The more people involved in any sale, the higher the cost to the end user/consumer.

Patriot, SpeedRite, Sta-Fix, and Pel are all made by the same NZ company: Tru-Test Group and they compete directly against Gallagher for market share.
But here's where it gets murky.
Guess who Tru-Test's biggest shareholder (owner) is?
If you said Gallagher, you'd be right.

http://group.tru-test.com/

http://www.interest.co.nz/rural-news/63 ... ble-rights

Might be GB..

It appears to be a small family outfit focused on quality. They sure represent things like they make them. I know you can say anything, but this is from their website..
The company is family owned and operated, and has been under the stewardship of 3 generations of Taylors. The company was incorporated in 1998 by Donald Taylor. Don was retired, but wanted some part time work to keep him challenged, so he traveled a loop through the north part of Alabama each week and collected broken fence chargers from farm stores, repaired them and then returned them the next week. He gained experience repairing all types and brands of electric fence chargers. He noticed that the same type of failure was damaging all brands of electric fence chargers and thought "I can make a better fence charger". He started in his basement and made one charger and sold it and made two more. His electronics training from the air force and his 30+ years experience in customer service for IBM gave him the background he needed to run a successful business.
In 2008, Don retired and his son Mark Taylor bought the business. Mark is an electrical engineer who had 20 years experience working with Alabama Power (he developed an interest in electrons at an early age watching Don build projects at his workbench). Mark has grown the business, and used his knowledge as an engineer to vastly improve the fence chargers transformers and lightning protection. Currently, Mark does engineering design of the Cyclops Fence Charger line, and works to make their chargers more efficient and effective.

The daily operations of Taylor Fence are managed by Alex Taylor (Mark's son) at the Ashville Office. In addition to running the daily business, Alex gives technical and phone support to customers. He also handles the inventory and parts requistion as well as overseeing the manufacturing process.

http://www.taylorfence.net/about_us.php

I have taylor fence chargers and only live about an hour away, they build everything from scratch themselves. They are great to deal with, and have worked on all of my chargers at one time or another except for the solar taylor units i have the 12joule model with the 80 watt panel I have had it several years now, I have 5 of there ac chargers as well as 2 Gallaghers and 1 speedright they dont even compare to the taylors with the same joule ratings, the main reason inswapped to them is repair costs, I usually dont spend more than 15-20 dallors to repair them vs. Gallagher or speedrights triple that most ive ever spent was on a 20 joule that took a direct lighting strike cost $140 to fix. And when i say direct strike the whole box was black and front blowed clean off. You get what you pay for just my 2 cents worth. We also have several of the parmak units and they are fine for small areas or extremely clean fences.

Dogs and Cows":c7vr92fp said:
JW IN VA":c7vr92fp said:
Parmak 12 Volt Model. Ground properly.

This is what I use...it has a heck of a kick to it LOL!!

A while back I was working and decided to bend down and go under the hot wire dividing pastures...well, the wire hit me on the small of my back where my shirt had ridden up...it popped so loud and threw me on the ground!! I was sweating and everything must have been just right...but I lay there for a couple minutes...tingling and numb! I lifted my head up to make sure nobody had seen me LOL!!! I was embarrassed. But needless to say...I see why my cows don't mess with the fence!

Electrotherapy on your back huh? does it work? Does your back feel new again?

Latest posts