Looking for a Hereford Show Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

farmwife

Reaction score
My son won the Ft. Worth scramble, so we are in the market for a Hereford (preferrably Polled) show heifer. We would like a late fall or early spring. We are having trouble finding someone that will sell private treaty. We are looking for a heifer that will compete on the national level.

If you have some heifers or know of someone who does, please PM.

Hey thanks Blackcowz, I got a few responses. Although we found them without steerplanet, we looked at some super prospects this past Sunday in OK (I'm sure a Huskers fan is not too excited about OK cattle ;-) ). We're going to look a few more just north of Dallas this Sunday, but they're going to have to be pretty good to beat what we've already seen.

Howdy. Glad you got some found. Steerplanet can tend to be a little more biased towards Maine and Chi black stuff. Yes, for the sake of a breed debate here, the blacks generally have Angus in them. But I'm happy you found a few. Good luck!

Did you check out Star Lake?

If the Walters family is still raising them they may be an excellent resource. They used to win everything in Texas when their son was showing. Here is thier info. Windy Hill Acres - Richard, Becky & Ryan Walters: P.O. Box 560, Dawson, TX 76639. Phone: 254-578-199; 254-578-1992 fax. EMail: [email protected] or [email protected].

And these guys may have some. Buchholz, Gary & Kathy - GKB Cattle: P.O. Box 342, Bardwell, TX 75101-0342. Day Phone: 214-537-1306; Night Phone: 214-537-1285.

These folks may be a bit hard to deal with but they had quite a few nice calves when their daughter was showing. Butler Farms - Elbert & Bobbette Butler: 17401 W Hwy 22, Frost, TX 76641. Phone: 903-682-4101.

Hope that helps

Gary and Kathy are great people. I bought my first calves from them.

I wouldn't waste my time talking to Elbert. Bobette and Brett are some of the nicest people, but Elbert, well, he's Elbert.

Cowboy 2.0":1up533ij said:

I wouldn't waste my time talking to Elbert. Bobette and Brett are some of the nicest people, but Elbert, well, he's Elbert.
So you know Elbert!

Avalon":3lxra779 said:
Cowboy 2.0":3lxra779 said:

So you know Elbert!

All to well. :cboy:

We finally made a decision. We're going with a heifer from up around Muskogee. Going to pick her up this week. I'll post pics as soon as I have some.

farmwife":3viwy6jy said:
We finally made a decision. We're going with a heifer from up around Muskogee. Going to pick her up this week. I'll post pics as soon as I have some.
I was wondering if you were ever going to let us know. Post some pics!

Well, I made a flying trip yesterday to get the heifer. Left at 6:30, drove to Muskogee, loaded the heifer, drove back and made it home by 5:00 all without AC (yes, it's already hot down here for those of you that don't think I needed AC ;-) ). My husband had changed oil and decided to wash the motor. Apparently the pressure from the carwash hose knocked a vacuum line loose and fell down on the motor and melted, hence no AC. Yes I drove with the windows down, but with 100% humidity, I nearly sweated to death.

Anyway, the reason I posted was to share some info about the heifer. She's a Rambo out of a DM L1 Domino 818 daughter (someone will have to help me out a bit as I don't know horned genetics quite as good as I do polled).

Her registration number is 42966330.

EPDs:

CE BW WW YW M MG CEM SC FAT REA MARB BMI CEZ BII CHB
-1.0 3.4 60 96 14 44 -.5 -.08 0.0 +.8 +.03 18 12 15 29

I'll get a pic hopefully today.

Latest posts