Looking for a family lease

Help Support CattleToday:

Goiketexas

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
My name is Tom and I am interested in finding a reasonable lease in central to south texas. I'm intrested in an area where I would be allowed to bring my 8 year old daughter as well as 2 other members. for a total of 4 guns. I'm currently on a lease in East Texas (Jasper). The issue is the difficulty of hunting the piney woods with a young hunter (limited wildlife). The 3 adult members would like to find a reasonable lease that we could manage and produce some future trophies. We are open to any restrictions placed by the land owner as too the size, number, type or sex of the animals harvested. Ideally we would develop a working relationship with the landowner allowing us to manage the deer population. We are responsible hunters and would likely only hunt 3-4 times per year during the main seasons. IF you have a piece of property you're intrested in leasing please e-mail me @ [email protected] . Preferably 300 plus acres. :lol:

Goiketexas":1fh8k72t said:
Hello Folks,
My name is Tom and I am interested in finding a reasonable lease in central to south texas. I'm intrested in an area where I would be allowed to bring my 8 year old daughter as well as 2 other members. for a total of 4 guns. I'm currently on a lease in East Texas (Jasper). The issue is the difficulty of hunting the piney woods with a young hunter (limited wildlife). The 3 adult members would like to find a reasonable lease that we could manage and produce some future trophies. We are open to any restrictions placed by the land owner as too the size, number, type or sex of the animals harvested. Ideally we would develop a working relationship with the landowner allowing us to manage the deer population. We are responsible hunters and would likely only hunt 3-4 times per year during the main seasons. IF you have a piece of property you're intrested in leasing please e-mail me @ [email protected] . Preferably 300 plus acres. :lol:

The wildlife is not the problem as the area is teaming with deer ,squirrel,hogs. You have to hunt East Texas feeders are not effective due to the abundant food.

[/quote]
The wildlife is not the problem as the area is teaming with deer ,squirrel,hogs. You have to hunt East Texas feeders are not effective due to the abundant food.[/quote]

I agree but with a 2600 acre lease and 20 other hunters on it most of whom are weekend warriors it makes it hard to do any stalking etc... with a young child. Maybe I'm over protective but I worry to much about some yahoo with a few beers in him taking a "brush shot". We've harvested alot of animals from the lease but it takes alot of patience and hardwork. My daughter however hasn't gotten to that stage in her hunting ability yet. LOL

The wildlife is not the problem as the area is teaming with deer ,squirrel,hogs. You have to hunt East Texas feeders are not effective due to the abundant food.[/quote]

I agree but with a 2600 acre lease and 20 other hunters on it most of whom are weekend warriors it makes it hard to do any stalking etc... with a young child. Maybe I'm over protective but I worry to much about some yahoo with a few beers in him taking a "brush shot". We've harvested alot of animals from the lease but it takes alot of patience and hardwork. My daughter however hasn't gotten to that stage in her hunting ability yet. LOL[/quote]

I agree with the weekend warriors part. I am on a good family lease no drinking is allowed period, and acting like an idiot will get you booted quick. I am on a 6000 acre lease with 29 other familes, hasn't been an opening in years. I only squirrel hunt the lease, boys deer hunt it. I usually limit out first weekend sitting on the creek in the back of my place and back to squirrel or hog hunting we go.

Latest posts