Looking for a 29-35hp tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

Kubota makes a good tractor I have owned 8 of them from 38 HP to 108 there was only 1 that had a issue. The AC was worthless. But they fixed that now you can hang meat in them. I live in Texas and can say that

We have a 22hp sub-compact JD with a loader. Yanmar engine. It does more than its supposed to. We hung 400lbs of suit case wts on the 3pt and replace 4x8' (1,800lbs) sets of gang slats with it in our cattle confinement. It won't lift them, but it will slide them. It only weighs 1,000lbs, and has turf tires.

Check the Deere that size used to be made by Yanmir.
The Yanmir is cheaper.
NH has virtually become non existent here.
It's pretty much orange or red here Kubota, Kioti, and Mahindra.

The compact CNH models are made by LS Tractor.

I don't have any experience with them, but a local dealer started dealing and selling a bunch of them.

A little above 35 hp, but I looked at this one until I got tired and finally bought it. It has 55 hp turbo and 1221 hours. A 98 model and still has original paint and tires. The tires have some dry rot, but I will run them til they come apart.

IMG_5925.JPG

A little above 35 hp, but I looked at this one until I got tired and finally bought it. It has 55 hp turbo and 1221 hours. A 98 model and still has original paint and tires. The tires have some dry rot, but I will run them til they come apart.

View attachment 2552

Good looking tractor... I am talking to numerous dealers they are out of the model I want. They said it be ,60+ days before I would get mine. Wow they said global supply chain is suffering.... I also called 30 dealers within few hundred miles and one gave me 21,000 out the door others were 23k 25k 27k y'all be sure to check around when buying. They all quoted me same thing shuttle shift loader 4wd loaded tires r4 tires no remotes no 3rd valve function for a grapple. I may add that later

On the third spool if the loader has it own double spool valve plumbed directly into the tractor pump then behind you can get by with one spool. My loader tractors are like that and just need lines to a spool valve behind for the grapple. You better figure in the long hydraulic hose cost as it is not cheap.

On the shuttle shift if it is not wet hydraulic shift pay the extra to get it if available..

Ok so still waiting for my tractor.. I can't get a solid date. I called the dealer and asked when he says I hope by end of April. I tell him ok but I need it by then for sure. I tell him I can get the long kit for 3rd function for 880.00 mailed to me. He tells me it will be 950.00 I said wow I did my part for financing and waiting for the tractor and you can't work with me on the cost of the kit. He said I'll call you back in a few let you know what I can do. Well I guess it's still few minutes he never called me back. I called a dealer who has a work master 35 on lot that he just got and is what I want. I signed no paperwork and honestly feel like I'm not being valued at all. I mean he's gonna make thousands which is fine but you can't say you're right you didn't have to wait and stuck it out let's split the cost of the kit. Am I being unreasonable? Maybe pissed him off when I said I'm waiting to get what I want from you I could just get a orange tractor tomorrow in a package deal for a few more grand. Would you walk and buy something else or wait? Should he call back am I wrong to say look let's split the cost of the kit? What say you?

Ok so still waiting for my tractor.. I can't get a solid date. I called the dealer and asked when he says I hope by end of April. I tell him ok but I need it by then for sure. I tell him I can get the long kit for 3rd function for 880.00 mailed to me. He tells me it will be 950.00 I said wow I did my part for financing and waiting for the tractor and you can't work with me on the cost of the kit. He said I'll call you back in a few let you know what I can do. Well I guess it's still few minutes he never called me back. I called a dealer who has a work master 35 on lot that he just got and is what I want. I signed no paperwork and honestly feel like I'm not being valued at all. I mean he's gonna make thousands which is fine but you can't say you're right you didn't have to wait and stuck it out let's split the cost of the kit. Am I being unreasonable? Maybe pissed him off when I said I'm waiting to get what I want from you I could just get a orange tractor tomorrow in a package deal for a few more grand. Would you walk and buy something else or wait? Should he call back am I wrong to say look let's split the cost of the kit? What say you?

A lot depends, but if you need it ASAP and you have know delivery date I don't see it as unreasonable. You have not signed any paperwork.

A lot depends, but if you need it ASAP and you have know delivery date I don't see it as unreasonable. You have not signed any paperwork.
I do need it badly. I'm gonna tell him I think it would show good will if we split the cost of it he told me tractor price I didn't haggle and they are actually 800.00 more than another dealer quoted me.

The critical information is how long can you weight for the 3rd function kit, and does the other dealer have the kit for that tractor?

All kinds of supplies are not available as they use to be. Have to realize that kit that he says will be there by the end of May could easily be end of June. And dealer has no control over that date.

Sounds like he is a bit of a sook, spitting the dummy because you are trying to do a deal. Surely most customers would try and bargain with them. He needs to toughen up a bit.

Ken

The critical information is how long can you weight for the 3rd function kit, and does the other dealer have the kit for that tractor?

All kinds of supplies are not available as they use to be. Have to realize that kit that he says will be there by the end of May could easily be end of June. And dealer has no control over that date.

The 3rd function kits available thousands... im waiting for the tractor. The kit is made by WR LONG massey does not make a 3rd function kit. I know about the supply chain issue but thats not really what I was talking about so not sure what you are talking about.

Sounds like he is a bit of a sook, spitting the dummy because you are trying to do a deal. Surely most customers would try and bargain with them. He needs to toughen up a bit.

Ken
If he doesn't call by 5 today im going to tell him don't worry about it and go with another dealer instead. These companies have no clue what customer service is at all.

Latest posts