looking at these Bull's for new herd Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Question for the experts. I definitely agree that of the three posted, 227 is the best combo of correct and solid. When you watch him walk though, is the stride of his rear legs okay to you? When he moves and brings his rear legs up, they swing inward in a bit of an arc. When they come down, they seem to be in line with his front legs, etc., but is this of any concern as he gets bigger, heavier, and older?

Jake":2wsnxbp9 said:
The red bull is deeper but he isn't the most free moving bull either. 231 is junk. Only bull that is even OK is the 227. They should at least be cheap
They should be,but their numbers will set the crowd on fire

What kind of price do you think they will sell around. If it gets to high it would be easier for me to set up am AI operation

thommoos":2cxev2bl said:
What kind of price do you think they will sell around. If it gets to high it would be easier for me to set up am AI operation
I have talked to 3 breeders that have submitted bulls and 1 breeder on CT that is close to this sale and they all seem to be saying they expect bulls to average between 3,500 and 4,000 dollars. Of course some will go much higher.

artesianspringsfarm":287hleq0 said:
Question for the experts. I definitely agree that of the three posted, 227 is the best combo of correct and solid. When you watch him walk though, is the stride of his rear legs okay to you? When he moves and brings his rear legs up, they swing inward in a bit of an arc. When they come down, they seem to be in line with his front legs, etc., but is this of any concern as he gets bigger, heavier, and older?

It is really hard to evaluate without seeing them in person, but that short clip sure makes him look cow hocked! Especially the way he brings his back legs inside during the stride. When they land, they are almost pointed out, not forward.
The red bull has the most mass, but is so stoked up from all the muscle he can not even cover his tracks. He is to tightly wound. The first one is nothing but a wreck. When an animal arches their back to get around, you got big problems. He hurts, somewhere.
Just my humble opinion.

Fire Sweep Ranch":2p7y9scj said:
artesianspringsfarm":2p7y9scj said:

It is really hard to evaluate without seeing them in person, but that short clip sure makes him look cow hocked! Especially the way he brings his back legs inside during the stride. When they land, they are almost pointed out, not forward.
The red bull has the most mass, but is so stoked up from all the muscle he can not even cover his tracks. He is to tightly wound. The first one is nothing but a wreck. When an animal arches their back to get around, you got big problems. He hurts, somewhere.
Just my humble opinion.

Agree the red bull has the most mass he is by far the fattest as well. If they are in the same rations I would be severely worried about the other bulls feed efficiency and fleshing ability. The red bull has too line issues and is too short coupled for the mass he carries. No reason to bring any of the three home.

There are so many good bulls selling these are just a few picked. I hear a lot of pricing thoughts, you get what you pay for. YES all of those bulls are on the same rations and yes again they don't gain 10lbs a day..