Lookin for Firestone SAT II tires

Help Support CattleToday:

ClodHopper37869

Reaction score
Apparently Firestone has quit makin SAT II 23 Ag tires, (I was told by one dealer), does anyone know a large Ag tire dealer that might have or find a replacement for a damaged tire???

Thank you, got to call back Monday and get a shipping quote.
I've checked Ag tire dealers in GA, TN, VA, all said they checked their suppliers, some said 4 or 5. Apparently there ain't none East of the Mississippi River, least not in the Southeast.

found 3 suppliers with quick online search 2 of the 3 were sold out Firestone sat II
used $375
new $528
new $608
Needs to be a Sat II 23

The sat II
And sat II 23 are 2 different tyres

It's absolutely crazy what is not available here lately. Makes it hard to stay in business when ya can't get product to sell!

I'm thinking by the time he gets shipping, he's gonna be about 5 or 550ish.
But that's a guess. I'm just the mechanic. I don't sell tyres

And @ClodHopper37869 ask for a couple photos to be sent by text or something. I'd hate to have steered you wrong my friend!

found 3 suppliers with quick online search 2 of the 3 were sold out Firestone sat II
used $375
new $528
new $608
I search online w/ google, the 1st 2 or 3 pages of hits that I could check stock online and never found any. I called 3 or 4 that had big Ag adds, zero, Then I used Firestone's Ag dealer locator starting w/closest, never found any, all tried to sale me what was in stock usually BKTs. And the priced was from $320.00 to $480.00.
BTW, Thanks, Son of Butch,, I started to say SoB, but thought I better type it all :)

Needs to be a Sat II 23

The sat II
And sat II 23 are 2 different tyres

It's absolutely crazy what is not available here lately. Makes it hard to stay in business when ya can't get product to sell!

I'm thinking by the time he gets shipping, he's gonna be about 5 or 550ish.
But that's a guess. I'm just the mechanic. I don't sell tyres

And @ClodHopper37869 ask for a couple photos to be sent by text or something. I'd hate to have steered you wrong my friend!
Thank You, Darn, I thought you were in OK, not GB, "tyres" LOL:)

I found the tires in Springfield, MO. Tires + shipping, Too Mucho_O, just bought 2 BKT's locally.
Checked several places, everyone wanted to sale me BKT's priced was from 320-480:rolleyes:

I have always been one for running firestones on my tractors. Lately with the price of tires almost doubling I'll probably buy BKT's

I don't care to pay for a premium product but when firestones are over double the price it's hard to do.

BKTs are fine if you wear tires out real quick. I have a 7 year old pair on the front of a tractor and they have tons of tread but the carcass is about shot, cracks you can stick your finger in, hard as a rock, dry rotted, etc. Tractor spends 80% of its off time parked inside. The tires will be junk with 75% tread.

It sits alongside a tractor with 15 year old firestone that have much less tread but the carcass have little/no cracking and will still be holding air when the tread is long gone.

Both of those tires have a ton of road miles on them. I make 500-800 acres of hay as far as 30 miles from home so they get a fair amount of road miles. I do try and minimize trips back home so some equipment stays in the fields as much as possible during hay season (baler and baler tractor are home inside almost every night). But there's still a good bit of running on the blacktop.

The old firestones sat on a parts tractor for a few years in that time so that gave them a few extra years of life.

My guess is those BKTs won't make it thru the winter at -30 degrees and handling bales all winter long. Shame to have 75% tread and the rest of the tire disintegrate. That was the first and only set of "off brand" tires ill own because any savings up front is now lost.

Both of those tires have a ton of road miles on them. I make 500-800 acres of hay as far as 30 miles from home so they get a fair amount of road miles. I do try and minimize trips back home so some equipment stays in the fields as much as possible during hay season (baler and baler tractor are home inside almost every night). But there's still a good bit of running on the blacktop.

The old firestones sat on a parts tractor for a few years in that time so that gave them a few extra years of life.

My guess is those BKTs won't make it thru the winter at -30 degrees and handling bales all winter long. Shame to have 75% tread and the rest of the tire disintegrate. That was the first and only set of "off brand" tires ill own because any savings up front is now lost.
We have some "Farm king" tires on our old Ford County, sits outside all year, they're 15 years old now and still fine
I run off brand Antares (BFG A/T lookalike) and Suretrac M/T tires on my trucks and have had great results

Latest posts