Looked so good

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man":3cen4uv1 said:
ALACOWMAN":3cen4uv1 said:
Craig Miller":3cen4uv1 said:
Boy that looks good. You got any more
Still got some pintos left.and some cornbread... :cowboy:

Pintos get better with age. About day four they are the best. Beans, fried potatoes, Creasy greens, and corn bread is my favorite meal.

Ive been inspired. Got mine in the pot now

When I was a kid and lived with my Dad he always had a pot of beans on the stove but he added some Pork to it. Also the Greens with hot Bacon Grease poured over it, with salt and pepper,and cornbread. He also made a good fruit Cobbler. My wife cook's those dishes but without all the grease, like Dad did.

ALACOWMAN":1s3y5pjk said:
I thought I'd share some..pintos,fried taters,tomatoes pickled squash and of course cornbread ...
image77.jpg
My type of vittles!

There is a french (sorry) dish called cassoulets. It involves cooking beans with different types of pork, sausage, etc. The kick is, they never empty the pot, they just keep adding to it. I had some at a little restaurant in san francisco (sorry again) that had been cooking for 6,000 days. It was good.

melking":2aou5qed said:
There is a french (sorry) dish called cassoulets. It involves cooking beans with different types of pork, sausage, etc. The kick is, they never empty the pot, they just keep adding to it. I had some at a little restaurant in san francisco (sorry again) that had been cooking for 6,000 days. It was good.
Reminds me of this song...http://youtu.be/zF7D8Ac1-Ps

What we call "dirty rice" is rice, green peppers, green olives, and ground beef mixed with bacon grease.

Latest posts