Look what showed up late...

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
This bull calf was born today 14 months from conception....well not really. Vet put the cow 4 months pregnant last September. I left the bull in from June last year thru January this year. I think she lost her calf and bred back in December. I have two more late birthers still to drop a calf. All 3 were diagnosed as 3 to 4 months pregnant last september. This is the first time I have had that many lose a calf and breed back in one year. My bull really knocked the white off of this calf. I was expecting a white or brockle face calf from this cow not a solid black one.
calf.jpg

Momma giving me the evil eye....note the afterbirth still hanging out.
cow.jpg

brandonm_13":111t4kar said:
Better than those cows that calve on a schedule, every two years. :nod:

:nod: :nod: :nod:

I've got a friend who's got several cows that calve on that 'schedule'. Right now, a 2 yo heifer (who's was still sucking on momma last month) looks about ready to have her 1st calf. He's wondering why that heifer's momma hasn't calved yet :roll: .

That's an odd deal you've got there Hoss, but at least you're getting calves. Have you figured out what may have been the cause?

Katherine

Had one calve today. She was AI'ed April 08, turned with bull May 08 and just calved. Was going to eat her when she did not calve on time just got busy and did not get it done. When I did get her up to feed her for a while I realized she was bred so just turned her back out. Got bred with the fall calvers so I guess that is where she will stay.

Latest posts