Look what I'm getting delivered today

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58

Reaction score

It comes with 17' stick rake as well. It is about 3 hrs away and the float should be on its way out to pick it up now. Hopefully he will not have any trouble getting it on, the agents said they left the keys and books with it as the property has been sold and those guys couldn't lie straight in bed.
Ken

Dang, I'll give you a dollar two ninety eight for that beauty. That pusher on the front would be ideal for pushing over all the dead trees on my place. Is it about a D6 size?

I like the look of our allis better, but it seems to have fair running gear, and rippers can be nice... I think it's about a D4

No it's a Cat D4d. The idea is to help with the 13 ton excavator that can take out any size tree that I want to push over but I just feel that I am overworking the dozer blade and final drives pushing up the big root balls into heaps to burn. The blade on the excavator is mainly built to back fill trenches so this will do most of the pushing up but still should handle its share of trees.
Ken

I don't have a picture..

I do have a video though! I do have to look at the left side final drive and brake at some point. We're the second owner, bought in 1956 in downtown Vancouver (wouldn't recognize the place now)

Before the paint job
[youtube]rYskMDTWInI[/youtube]

And then nicely painted up
[youtube]GZfvUrzqyj4[/youtube]

Yours looks about as fun to get in and out of as ours! Does yours have the steering clutches hand operated, and then the steering brakes foot operated? The main clutch on ours is a hand clutch too, so your hands are *really* busy.

yeah, I bet.. the JD350 is a little less of a 'handful' to learn on!

The only thing I want to do to ours is put power tilt on it,... I just have to find the cylinders. It's impossible to get anything accomplished when you don't have it.
We also have a 10' root rake, as you can see ours has a winch instead of rippers.

Yes that is a nice machine Nesi. You have done a great job on her. There is always a special bond when you get an older machine restored and performing like that. I think you are right about the controls, at this stage all I know is that there are a bl-----dy lot of them. Fortunately I have bought her from the original owners and there are a heap of books that have come with her, operator manual fortunately, parts books and workshop manual. There are a couple of hydraulic leaks to attend to mainly around where some levers go into the hydraulic reservoir so I will be checking that out in the books but for now she will be straight to work after a basic service and oil change unless the books say that they have just been done.
Ken

Backfilling that ditch with the allis was such quick work, the JD 350 would have been at it for a good hour. The Allis had new tracks and complete undercarriage rebuild in the mid 80's and had no hours put on since them, back then the bill was about $10,000... I'd hate to think of what you'd have to pay for it today! We did have to tighten one track up a little, and let my tell you how fun that was.. it's a big screw that hadn't been turned in 25 years... I think both my dad and I were hanging off the 8' cheater bar before it budged.

There's a fellow down the road from me that has what looks like a big Allis that has been sitting for years. I would be tempted to make an offer but parts, especially final drives are hard to find for those machines. My Uncle has a Case 1150 that I've tried to buy from him but my Cousin would shoot both of us if he sold it to me. It is in very good condition but doesn't move. I asked him about the hydraulic filters but he doesn't know anything about it.

Latest posts