Look what I found

Help Support CattleToday:

So, went out tonight and now I have two wandering bulls in my pasture. This one is a big Charolais. That doesn't work at all in my breeding program and of course Mr. Call Display won't answer his phone when he sees me calling. Man, I'm getting pretty tired of this.

I'm afraid that there might be two more bulls at the sale next week - of course that sale might just be about 100 miles away - (similar to shoot, shovel, shut up)

Can you load this one and truck him?

Drop him off outside the nearest town and leave him there - someone will look after him.

Or stretch out two of them.

Bez!

I guess I could ship them. I don't have a trailer but I could have them picked up. I t would probably get back to the guy. I'm still thinking that shooting them would be the easiest. I guess that is shoot,shovel and shut up. All I know is that I'm getting pretty frustrated with this guy. I wonder if he'd just let me buy that piece of land. I guess I could always get someone to bail it for me or something. I Don't really need it for pasture. Its only 80 acres and then I'd be done with teh problems. Oh well, I'll have to make some decisions here in teh next couple days.

I prefer shoot,shovel and smile. ;-)

You could be nice and offer the guy money to lease the land. Are you sure that he isn't doing this on purpose? If so, I'd shoot. Unless someone witness' you doing it, can they prove you did it? Unless, ofcourse, they print out the text of a cattle talk board showing previous intent.

Cattle Rack Rancher":1u09ashz said:
I guess I could ship them. I don't have a trailer but I could have them picked up. I t would probably get back to the guy. I'm still thinking that shooting them would be the easiest. I guess that is shoot,shovel and shut up. All I know is that I'm getting pretty frustrated with this guy. I wonder if he'd just let me buy that piece of land. I guess I could always get someone to bail it for me or something. I Don't really need it for pasture. Its only 80 acres and then I'd be done with teh problems. Oh well, I'll have to make some decisions here in teh next couple days.

I have used the triple S solution a few times, but you need a big shovel to cover one of those boys. Got a backhoe handy?

Bez!

I used to have a backhoe, but I sold it. I've got lots of straw, though. I could bury him with that.
So. This morning we're up to 8 bulls. That's a few too many bulls to try to deal with on foot. I actually got hold of the guy and he says he'll bring his horses and the trailer. I'm not holding my breath.

Well, the bulls are all gone. Took them about three and a half hours to round them up. Hopefully they won't be back. Tahnks for all the suggestions, though. I'll be more prepared next time and I guarantee that with this guy there's always going to be a next time.

I vote for the "three strikes" rule of thumb. His third mistake should be a lesson that others won't alway be there to bale him out. A person needs to take some responsibilty for their own actions.
Last spring I drove past a farm with a herd of herefords. Something didn't seem right as I noticed one cow far from the others. As I looked closer, she was on the outside of the fence and headed for the road. I notified the farmer who seemed unconcerned and refused my offer to help round her up. One week later I'm driving by his place and see a newborn calf outside his fence in the ditch. I scooped her up and drove to his house. Nobody was there so I took her home, bottle fed her and left several messages about her. He picked her up that night without so much as a thank you.
The next one I find will come home with me. Maybe then he will fix the fence.

Bez wrote:
You know I always thought Jeanne was a goody two shoes - seems she has a streak of deviltry in her after all.
See there - you just thought you knew me. We can disguise ourselves pretty well behind the keyboard :p I'm small but carry a big stick :D I believe in being kind & patient - but don't mess with my family, dogs or cows - or try to TELL me what to do - I'm up for a good battle.
My daughter keeps telling me that a little "too much" of mom rubbed off on her.
My last "infamous" battle was with a dean of a college, where I was in charge of a youth beef program.