Look for the high pressure fronts

Help Support CattleToday:

OLF

Reaction score
grannysoo":2zil5r4s said:
Forget the local weather forecast. Look at the big picture and look for the high pressure fronts.
Taken from "...comfort zone"

Where do you get your weather report? I am done with weather.com. :mad:

All of them get their info from noaa, ie your tax dollars. Nothing in weather is guaranteed, however you tend to get rain when you have low pressure and especially when you have a low and high pressure front meeting.

When you have a high pressure front over your area, it's about impossible for it to rain.

And in answer to your question, I use wunderground.com

grannysoo":1gwgofeg said:
All of them get their info from noaa, ie your tax dollars. Nothing in weather is guaranteed, however you tend to get rain when you have low pressure and especially when you have a low and high pressure front meeting.

When you have a high pressure front over your area, it's about impossible for it to rain.

\

It would work great if they could predict how long the high is going to stick around, they rarely get that right either.

dun":111ennk8 said:
It would work great if they could predict how long the high is going to stick around, they rarely get that right either.

Oh come on dun and lighten up. They're only wrong when you need for them to be right.

Oh Yeah,
Go to the map of your area and click the loop maps on the side bar, compare it with the national map loop and there you go... You're a weatherman!

grannysoo":33h4wefk said:

Wunderground.com is one of the best IMO. You can pretty well tarkget a specific spot and pick-up on wether there is any hail involved. I got a pretty good downpour on my 20 acre piece yesterday which means the tires may not get stcuk in the cracks quite as bad.

Accu Weather radar stations for my home page, first thing every time I check the puter. Part of Wunderground. I have local 5day and 15 day. And stuff is updated constantly. I also have bookmarks on areas West and Southwest. Our weather systems come from West and Southwest.
Last few years you just cut and baled, little chance of hay getting rained on.
Now we seem to be in the normal weather pattern for this area. Fronts come through 3-5 days apart. Cut right after a cold front and it usually works.