Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
Spring is near!

IMAG1658.jpg

The red maples are blooming.

Deepsouth":2v3t55od said:
skyhightree1":2v3t55od said:
I cant wait to see green grass again like yours lol

That's not spring grass sky. It's winter rye.

oh I just saw green and got excited. This brownish green grass here is starting to be depressing and seems as though we are supposed to get another blizzard next weekend.

skyhightree1":2nd1t7v0 said:
Deepsouth":2nd1t7v0 said:
skyhightree1":2nd1t7v0 said:
I cant wait to see green grass again like yours lol

That's not spring grass sky. It's winter rye.

oh I just saw green and got excited. This brownish green grass here is starting to be depressing and seems as though we are supposed to get another blizzard next weekend.

You see that brown strip running up beside the woods. That's the Sumner grass.

Pecan and cherry trees are blooming and Bahia is starting to green up here. It's been in the high 60s to upper 70s since last Saturday

M5farm":34yy3v41 said:
Pecan and cherry trees are blooming and Bahia is starting to green up here. It's been in the high 60s to upper 70s since last Saturday

Lot's of tree's starting to bud out but the only thing blooming are the red maples. I'm sure not seeing Bahia greening up. At least the rye grass is jumping.

Deepsouth":12c9hci4 said:
M5farm":12c9hci4 said:

Lot's of tree's starting to bud out but the only thing blooming are the red maples. I'm sure not seeing Bahia greening up. At least the rye grass is jumping.
I meant budding . I haven't checked the peach trees yet

M5farm":2igujiha said:
Deepsouth":2igujiha said:
M5farm":2igujiha said:

I meant budding . I haven't checked the peach trees yet

You just got confused again. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Nothing budding out here at all and I'm probably a little south of your latitude. Certainly no trees putting on any foliage.
I have been seeing a little of what we call "spring grass" which is a native very short very thin watery grass that will die off by the time the bahia and bermuda start growing. Has tiny white flowers on the end of a very short stalk, but cows generally won't eat it.
We got about 1" of rain today, but the red wasps are buzzing about looking for places to build nests so it can't be too much hard winter left.

Gosh, I don't know if we will ever see Spring buds. Single digits Monday and Tuesday got out of the teens Wednesday yesterday above freezing, snow, then sleet, then rain, then thunder and lightening last night and more rain.The only thing that didn't fall out of the sky is kitchen sinks. High winds this morning. Jeesh.