longhorns

Help Support CattleToday:

cagle520

Reaction score
Just curios. How many of you guys and gals raise registered Texas longhorn cattle ? I do, small operation. Just 16 but I love'em.

Got em'. Started with a few to look good in the front pasture. Now we are raising/showing and LOVE it.

We have a pair... We had one that had a bull calf, then recently traded the mom for an unrelated calf...
Bull calf on the right, new calf on left.

We run a small operation. I got into Longhorns, basically because of their ability to forage and survive on just about anything. I won't say I won't ever own another breed, but there will always be Longhorns in my herd.

We killed a couple of steers last fall, and everybody that has tasted the meat, raves about it. :cboy:

We got our small herd (11 with four babies due in February) last year. Absolutely love them. The only two steers will be ready to butcher this summer - one for our freezer and one already sold by private treaty.

I got 8 head last January..waiting to see if I get any calves anytime soon.....have two steer calves, 6 months old, trying to figure out what to do with them.

Been raising registered Texas Longhorns since 2001. Now have about 45 at last count. Think we have about 17 -20 calves due this spring. Have 3 bulls in service. Bunch of cows, upcoming heifers, steer & bull calves. :cowboy:

Love them! Colorful, playful, interesting, easily managed, etc.

cagle520":sf3a2jtw said:
Just curios. How many of you guys and gals raise registered Texas longhorn cattle ? I do, small operation. Just 16 but I love'em.

We got 'em.

This spring it'll be 20 years that I've been in the industry. I've been at the ranch I'm at now for 7 years or so in some fashion (the last 2 1/2 years full-time). Check out our website http://www.shopSandDollarRanch.com

I was actually through your neck of the woods today, dropped off a bull at Ultimate Genetics in Franklin/Wheelock then stopped in Hillsboro at the Sullivan Supply store on my way back.

Ryan