longhorns

Help Support CattleToday:

cagle520

Reaction score
Just curios. How many of you guys and gals raise registered Texas longhorn cattle ? I do, small operation. Just 16 but I love'em.

2barmcattle

Reaction score
Got em'. Started with a few to look good in the front pasture. Now we are raising/showing and LOVE it.

taz_man440

Reaction score
We have a pair... We had one that had a bull calf, then recently traded the mom for an unrelated calf...
Bull calf on the right, new calf on left.

warpaint

Reaction score
We run a small operation. I got into Longhorns, basically because of their ability to forage and survive on just about anything. I won't say I won't ever own another breed, but there will always be Longhorns in my herd.

We killed a couple of steers last fall, and everybody that has tasted the meat, raves about it. :cboy:

ETF

Reaction score
We got our small herd (11 with four babies due in February) last year. Absolutely love them. The only two steers will be ready to butcher this summer - one for our freezer and one already sold by private treaty.

jwggriff

Reaction score
I got 8 head last January..waiting to see if I get any calves anytime soon.....have two steer calves, 6 months old, trying to figure out what to do with them.

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Been raising registered Texas Longhorns since 2001. Now have about 45 at last count. Think we have about 17 -20 calves due this spring. Have 3 bulls in service. Bunch of cows, upcoming heifers, steer & bull calves. :cowboy:

Love them! Colorful, playful, interesting, easily managed, etc.

Ryan

Reaction score
cagle520":sf3a2jtw said:
Just curios. How many of you guys and gals raise registered Texas longhorn cattle ? I do, small operation. Just 16 but I love'em.

We got 'em.

This spring it'll be 20 years that I've been in the industry. I've been at the ranch I'm at now for 7 years or so in some fashion (the last 2 1/2 years full-time). Check out our website http://www.shopSandDollarRanch.com

I was actually through your neck of the woods today, dropped off a bull at Ultimate Genetics in Franklin/Wheelock then stopped in Hillsboro at the Sullivan Supply store on my way back.

Ryan