Longhorn x calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice looking calves. It looks like the bull took the Longhorn markings off of 3 of the 4 calves. Looks like mama is telling you to keep your distance

Thanks AJ, I've been pretty happy with this purchase so far. I wasn't looking to buy any longhorns when I bought these, I ran across them for a good deal and had plenty of grass so I bought them. I gave $1900 for the 5 bred cows back in September, they ate 16 round bales all winter and that was keeping a bale in front of them pretty much all the time. I watched the full sister to that calf in the picture that has the longhorn markings sell at sale barn last fall for 8 cents less per pound than good black calves and she looked identical to this one. She was built really well. This cow in picture is usually pretty gentle but I was gonna go ahead and band the calf when I found it but she wasn't having that, she knows she has big horns and she don't mind slinging them at you if you get close to her calf.

Little Joe said:
Thanks AJ, I've been pretty happy with this purchase so far. I wasn't looking to buy any longhorns when I bought these, I ran across them for a good deal and had plenty of grass so I bought them. I gave $1900 for the 5 bred cows back in September, they ate 16 round bales all winter and that was keeping a bale in front of them pretty much all the time. I watched the full sister to that calf in the picture that has the longhorn markings sell at sale barn last fall for 8 cents less per pound than good black calves and she looked identical to this one. She was built really well. This cow in picture is usually pretty gentle but I was gonna go ahead and band the calf when I found it but she wasn't having that, she knows she has big horns and she don't mind slinging them at you if you get close to her calf.

I don't blame you for picking them up at that price. Looks like that deal is gonna work out pretty well for you. Like Gizmom, I love looking at longhorns out in the field.

Latest posts