Longhorn x calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Rustler9

Reaction score
Here's a heifer out of my 17 year old Hereford x Beefmaster cow out of a Longorn bull. She's about three months old in the picture.

100_0480.jpg

that sure is a nice heifer calf.her momma is doing a great job raising her.scott

lachlanmann":26xexjrc said:
i like the look of it, but i think it's back looks a little flat, is that in the breed of the cows?
:shock:
Not sure what llman meant. You want a good straight back line. Looks like she has plenty of loin muscle and lots of volume. Really nice heifer. Don't like the dip in front of the tail head, but that's being picky.
I didn't expect such a meaty 3 month old heifer out of longhorn!

Here's a pict of a Longhorn/Hereford cross steer, if my memory is correct he's four months old in this picture. These crosses have been grading "High Choice" when butchered.
Bobg

Sassycalf.jpg

I must be looking at a different heifer then the others. Short body, bad topline, light boned but she is fat

dun

dun":104nso3c said:
I must be looking at a different heifer then the others. Short body, bad topline, light boned but she is fat

dun

Dun,
I thought the same thing as you did. She looks as if she breaks a lil behind the front shoulder, and her tail set is questionable, too. I would definantly like to see her bigger boned, especially b/c she is a cross, We have bigger boned straight longhorns. But she could be worse.

Latest posts