Longhorn & TWH Message Board

Help Support CattleToday:

Bill:

Good deal. I'm sure I'll be wearing that out when I make the plunge and actually buy some cows. I've looked here (great information but not a lot specific to longhorns), the ITLA message board (not much going on), the TLBA web page (no message board), and the Longhorn Network bulletin board (most recent entry was in 2005). Is there some place else I should be looking for longhorn information, or is that why you're starting your own board?

there is actually a lot of longhorn information here. just do some searching and you'll find lots of good stuff. plus the longhorn breeders that are posters on here would be more than glad to answer, or help answer, any questions you may have.

Ryan: You're absolutely right about the people and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Bill and Sandi from Running Arrow and Eric from LonghornRanch have been particularly helpful. I'm just surprised there isn't an active board somewhere devoted exclusively to longhorns.

ETF":2qr7t0gl said:
Ryan: You're absolutely right about the people and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Bill and Sandi from Running Arrow and Eric from LonghornRanch have been particularly helpful. I'm just surprised there isn't an active board somewhere devoted exclusively to longhorns.

I'll probably shoot myself in the foot and in the XXX by saying this. However, IMO, I don't think either the ITLA or TLBAA people (members too) are that into discussing a lot of longhorn things except the topics on coming events, shows, registrations, and related "administrative" things: there ARE exceptions for sure. Have no idea why TLBAA doesn't have one...perhaps a money thing with them? With the Longhorn business being a highly competitive nitch market, not all participants appear to want to share information and/or any "trade secrets" (if there are any...).

As in any business venture, one can "duplicate exactly" another's business operation and end up with DIFFERENT results! It's related to "time, place, person phenomena". So, again, I personally don't feel threatened by sharing any alleged trade secrets with others... ;-)

One of the beauties of any messageboard is that users can either (a) have a handle (board name) that one can't decipher if they want to remain anonymous; or, (b) post their actual name and/or ranch name as a vicarious or subliminal "advertisemnt" for their place, AND such revealed identity keeps them "politically correct" (most of time) with their postings so they don't say things that will come back to haunt them.

All this aside, these things are some of the reasons we decided to implement our own messageboard on our website to create another forum option for livestock people. :)

Bill, I'll have to check out your message board.

ETF, Keep your questions coming. There is plenty of experience and a lot of good people on this web site.

Thanks to any and all that have (or are considering) "joining" our fledgling messageboard.

At least on our board, Longhorn people and comments "should" stay fairly sane...lol. (no guarantees...lol).

At our facility and program (as well as on our new messageboard) we do not have any political, radical, activist, religious, or other "agendas" to promote. As business people, we are "neutral" to others and our customers when it comes to personal type issues; however...we are pro-longhorn. ;-) After all, green money is green money...regardless of who is holding it...right? :D

Take care all!

Latest posts