Longhorn Sale Catalog..

Help Support CattleToday:

We don't have any that are what you would call agressive. We have a couple that are a little more skittish and are not as easy to get our hands on to worm or doctor if necessary but we have no problem working them. I've personally had some other beef breeds that were harder to handle. I think that alot has to do with how you handle your cattle too. We have some leased pastures and we are always bringing or taking cattle back and forth to the various pastures and we can get ours up by shaking a feed sack. We keep our gentle by giving them range cubes on a regular basis. We often have people coming out to see them and they are amazed at how gentle our cattle are.

When I purchased mine temperament was the first thing I looked for. Out of the 20 or so animals I have 18 will eat out of your hand, and the others I would just call shy. Over the Thanksgiving Holiday I had over 15 small kids out in the pasture with them, and most were able to pet and feed them. The kids absolutely loved them.

How the heck do you work them? I know they are pretty smart about turning their heads to get thru narrow spots but what about chutes and squeeze chutes/headgates?

Also haven't all the Bevos come from the same breeder? Anyone know who that is?Z

MillIronQH":s3ep4451 said:
How the heck do you work them? I know they are pretty smart about turning their heads to get thru narrow spots but what about chutes and squeeze chutes/headgates?

A lot of people use a medina hinge type chute to work their cattle. They are very smart about their horns, and its not as hard as you might think.

Also haven't all the Bevos come from the same breeder? Anyone know who that is?Z

well i dont know about all...but the last 2 have come from the same breeder.

Latest posts